Thread: Short Hang

Short Hang

Well there are no pics. so maybe it didn't happen. however, I felt as if I went camping this last weekend and spent two nights in my NX250. We went to

the Martin Dies Jr, State Park just west of Jasper, Tx. The park is on the B.A. Stinhagen Reservour. The purpose of the trip was to canoe about 12

miles of the Neches River which we did on Saturday. The park itself is very nice with lake sites and others. We chose to camp by the lake and had

beautiful views. One thing that was a bit of a spoiler was the traffic on 190 which bisects the lake. Our camp was about 1/2 mile from the road but, you could still

hear the traffic. Other than that, it was very enjoyable.

There was no problem picking out trees for hanging. After checking aloft for dead limbs, I set up right by the lake tied to a couple of six or eight inch pines.

I do not have any of the "fancy" rings and things for my hammock. It is a standard original strap and rope setup. I do have some home-made tie-downs

for my tarp but, nothing to extravagant.

The temps got down to the 38-42 degree range at night. I had an old, 20+ years, polyester sleeping bag which I used plus I have one of the $2.00 felt

blankets/throws from Wally World. I fold the blanket/throw up about 1/3 of the length and lay it in the hammock using the folded area for a pillow

and the rest goes under the bag and covers the area about down to my waist. Both nights I was comfortable. Not hot nor cold. I feel as if I could

have easily gone down to 32 or so using this setup.

So that makes a grand total of one week in the 250. All in all, I am very happy with it.
    Last edited by Bald Cypress; 10-19-2009 at 15:50. Reason: misspelling

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Congrats on a successful hang! I too have a Wally World fleece throw ($4.00) that I use to add a bit extra warmth when needed.
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

• + New Posts