Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Y'all are killin' me.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Y'all are killin' me.
    We know, Jeff. We know.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbishop351 View Post
    On a slightly related side note, I guess I hadn't officially said anything - on May 11th (one week ago), I graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro with a dual Bachelor of Science in Physics and Pure Mathematics. Hooray me! No more school for at least a year or two!

Incidentally, this should free up a lot more time for making gear and generally enjoying hammocks (happy, Jeff? ) !
    Congrats, BB. Well done. Darn difficult degrees to get, so my hat's off to you.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lvleph View Post
    The problem I see with using this method to obtain data is that it is not quite reliable. There is no control. Sorry I have a degree in Mathematics and was getting one in Statistics. It won't matter if you are not really trying to get any hard statistics and you just want an idea of what someone intension and background is.
    I've found that quite often, statistics are like ladies of the night...lay them down and you can do whatever you want with them.

Miguel

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lvleph View Post
    Technically this does not belong in the forum. I hate to bring that up, but Neo left because of his photo thing so...
    Just curious...has the subject of creating an "Off Topic" section of the Hammock Forum ever been considered. It seems like it would solve the only real problem I've seen here. Another forum I visit quite often has an Off Topic section which solved the same and much more rampant problem.

Miguel

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Just curious...has the subject of creating an "Off Topic" section of the Hammock Forum ever been considered. It seems like it would solve the only real problem I've seen here. Another forum I visit quite often has an Off Topic section which solved the same and much more rampant problem.

Miguel
    D'oh! Now why didn't anyone think of that sooner?
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    B/c the threads in the off-topic forum spill over into the other forums on the site. WB used to be (almost) all on-topic, then lots of off-topic, then there was the off-topic forum that helped for a little while, then they had to create the "straight forward" forum b/c there was so much off-topic stuff in the regular forums, and the subscription-only humor and politics forums, even though the politics stuff (or at least the anger in them) ends up in the regular forums. That's one reason some folks quit reading there.

We DO have a non-hammock gear forum, though.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234