Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks for the help. I spoke to Dutch and Marty from Wilderness Logic. Dutch helped me out with everything I need, and Marty said he'd get me the Tadpole tarp by the weekend. Great guys!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    This time of year, the weather is still fairly warm, the learning curve is unlikely to kill ya. Have fun making your mistakes now and don't sweat it! The worst case (in terms of a tarp) is you end up drying your stuff out, and are maybe a bit uncomfortable, or call the trip and go home or hit a hotel . If there's still mosquitoes out where your going, that might be more of a concern than whether a bit of rain runs down your ridge-line, or blows in under the tarp. Chances are, you're going to make mistakes anyway, I still do and I've been doing this 3.5 seasons for about four years now. Part of wanting to do it is wanting to take that leap into the unknown. If you've been reading the forums then you have a pretty good handle on what the main issues are.

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Dutch does ship quickly - a continuous ridgeline of Zing-It 1.75 mm with soft shackles, a Dutch Hook, and Wasp is hours away!

http://www.dutchwaregear.com/continuous-ridgeline.html
    In fact, Dutch probably has the shipment ready for you. His elves have ESPN or something. They know what we want before we do.

With the tarp, if you have to due to time constraints, some coverage is better than none. Keep in mind, after a trip or two (or one windy rain), you'll want a bigger tarp.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Superyfly - MJ
    Insulation
    Cave Creek TQ - UQ
    Suspension
    Ti Cinch
    The addiction will quickly infect your ability to reason when it comes to the alien metal we call titanium, seems I buy tarps so that I have a place to hang titanium bugs of all sorts from Dutch. On a serious note I do hang in different seasons / weather conditions so I have a few tarps, I like the WB superfly for nasty weather but use a few other tarp sizes for times when it may rain or no rain conditions.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Argon
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBarovick View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks for the help. I spoke to Dutch and Marty from Wilderness Logic. Dutch helped me out with everything I need, and Marty said he'd get me the Tadpole tarp by the weekend. Great guys!
    I've got a Tadpole and it was the best piece of gear I invested in until I went back to Marty and got a Summer Series Under Quilt. Also got a Dutch 11' Argon to upgrade from my ENO. Quality and service with both makers was great along with the help from everyone here. There are so many options and it just depends on the person. You can't go wrong with most of them.
    "Getting to the top is optional, getting down is mandatory"
    - Ed Viesturs

CHerring

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    I was in a bind earlier this summer and needed a third hammock tarp in 72 hours. I hated to spend the money on a second ENO ProFly (in stock here at a local store) when I would have much rather had a second WB SuperFly instead...but I doubted there was any way I could get hold of a SuperFly in time. Happily, I was wrong! The person at WarBonnet answered my e-mail inquiry immediately and gave me a phone number I could call. I paid for overnight shipping and had my SuperFly the next day! That's FAST!

I REALLY, REALLY like the SuperFly tarp from Warbonnet. It's light and provides excellent coverage and is very versatile.
    Good to hear about their excellent service, I'm thinking that my next purchases will be:
    2 x REI 6ft adjustable tarp poles (for using a tarp with my HandyHammock stand)
    WB Superfly tarp - looks like a really good tarp that will provide excellent protection from wind & rain.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Can't go wrong with a SuperFly!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Just noticed in your reply you mentioned buying REI poles for your hammock...thought I'd mention I got two poles perfect for the SuperFly on Dutchwaregear.com. If I remember correctly, the pair were $45. They're light, fold up in very short segments and work perfectly with the Warbonnet SuperFly!

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    You can try to win a tarp too!

http://woobox.com/mhrdcc/g31x4v
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Depends on season
    Suspension
    Beatle Buckles
    you can get a really good size tarp off amazon, its a chinook and its 12 x 9.6 for 40 bucks

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123