Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Jdubau55 I was not thinking of that but if it works for you--that's good. I was thinking a 12inch continuous loop wrapped around gathered end tied with a klemheist or multi-wrap pile hitch and using the small amount of loop to attach to whatever suspension you use. And now that you said use the fixed loop of whoopie sling for the whipping as well, I believe you can do that if that fixed loop was a little larger than stock sizes--so you have enough loop to tie a klemheist or multi-wrap pile hitch. You would gather the hammock end in what ever style like accordion etc. Maybe use rubber bands to hold it while tie knot and remove rubber bands before tightening. And the only problem is if you ever remove a wet suspension before packing hammock then you would have to redo the whole thing before next hang. But you can leave all this intact; bag the hammock with suspension hanging out side the dry bag and stuff suspension in another bag or even in a sock. This will keep wet strap somewhat separate from dry hammock and suspension intact. I'm a truck driver and my hobby is knots and hammocks and I emphasize hobby as I ain't no knot expert and I ain't no hammock expert. Even though I excell at dream research.

Looked up the pile hitch. Makes sense now. These may only pull recreation duty. Maybe some light car camping. We usually just camp in my Element on a full size air mattress. Roughing it I tell you. It's really up to my wife as she is not the nerdy one that watches hours and hours of videos gaining useful and useless knowledge. So I'd like to keep it pretty simple and as knot free as possible.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12