I PM'ed a Mod about this and they suggested that I post it here since these new areas are being self moderated. I know these areas are just getting off the ground but I wondered if it would be a good practice to identify the Skills to Spare and the Free Hammock Gear threads as they are started. One could, as they named the thread by putting an identifier like S2S: Amsteel whoopies needed or FG: SMG Descender Rings. This would denote them in the general listing of Todays Post or New Posts as being from the giveaway and help needed subforums and not just a general question about item X or Z.

I generally don't look for sale items or think about them until I see a mention in the Todays Post area. I've seen one thread already for a free give away and without the designation in front it would seem like a question about a product rather than a give away opportunity.

Just a thought. Give it a try. I'm working on a couple things to put into the free gear area as we speak. Giving makes me happy and I'm happy to have a better place to give than before. Thanks for the new playground and the opportunity.