Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon double layered
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    I know they have been over it before and I'm not talking about harvest methods or tools used for harvesting game but more along what do most guys take for the camping side of it since your also carrying camping gear and hunting gear. Didn't know if there was a forum in the paid side that discussed those points.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    As a rule, guns as a discussion topic are strictly verboten. Beyond that, in the donating members section you can talk about hunting (just not the tools you use to actually do the killing) to your hearts content.

That said, please don't turn this thread into one about guns.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    As a rule, guns as a discussion topic are strictly verboten. Beyond that, in the donating members section you can talk about hunting (just not the tools you use to actually do the killing) to your hearts content.

That said, please don't turn this thread into one about guns.
    Like I said Gresh I knew they got prickly about it, guess I better go over the Internet part and pay a membership to get the info I need. I've only accessed the forum thru tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Russ View Post
    Keith if you become a donating member can a member discuss hammock camping for hunting purposes? Main reason I'm looking at this form of camping is a lightweight and efficient camp site for hunts in the future. I'd gladly donate for that info.
    Yes you can discuss hammock camping in relationship to a hunting set up. What you can not discuss is the method in which you harvest the game but you are free to discuss the camping set up you use.

In simple terms you can discuss your hammock, tarp, even the specialized pack you use to carry the game out in but you can not in any way discuss/mention the weapon you use or carry. I am not sure how much participation you will get on this form as I don't get the impression too many of our members are hunters but you are welcome to try.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Russ View Post
    Keith if you become a donating member can a member discuss hammock camping for hunting purposes? Main reason I'm looking at this form of camping is a lightweight and efficient camp site for hunts in the future. I'd gladly donate for that info.
    For all info on the hammock, suspension, top & bottom insulation, weather protection - these are the forums to ask questions in.
    I couldn't see a mention that you are setting up a hunt camp being a problem to other forum users.

For discussion of hunting & guns and other things you can try:
    http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/forum.php
    With sub-forums available for:
    Hunting, Fishing & Gathering: http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/forumd...-amp-Gathering
    Archery: http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/forumd...hp/174-Archery
    Firearms: http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/forumd...hp/21-Firearms
    Edged Tools: http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/forumd...18-Edged-Tools

They do also have a Hammock sub-forum, but often in that forum apart from helpful info these is a suggestion that people check out these forums for much more information and greater knowledge. You could definitely mention guns & hunting in their hammock forum but any difficult questions about hammock set-ups would often be better here where there are so many very knowledgeable people that can give really good advice.

IMO:
    Hammock Forums: does what it says on the box!
    For other stuff there are other forums like bushcraftusa which I've found to be a really useful forum for a variety of bushcraft topics, in fact their hammock forums were among the 2 places that pointed me to these forums. The other one was Adventure Rider: http://advrider.com/index.php which to a large extent is what I'm using hammocks for.
    I didn't come here to talk about how to setup my DR650 for adventure riding, but when I stop and setup camp I am warm and comfortable in my hammock thanks to info from this site.
    I don't think it is easy to have one forum do everything and it can be messy if they try, but these forums are great for Hammock info while others are great for other info.
    It is kinda like using the right tool for the job - using the right forum for the information you seek.

Hammock
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Understand what you are saying basically what I'm trying to find out and learn by searching on here is the I guess the load out for my pack, as in some guys want to do ultra light camping and carry as little as possible and lighten your load. I'm trying to figure out is how is everybody going about making their pack to go into the woods to hunt or fish.

I'll check out the bushcraft forum see what they got to say about everything appreciate the directions and I'll even donate just because you all seem like a nice bunch of folks

Another vote for Bushcraft USA and if you bow hunt check out Archery Talk on tapatalk. I use both of those and they are great resources.

Hammock
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by savagehangs View Post
    Another vote for Bushcraft USA and if you bow hunt check out Archery Talk on tapatalk. I use both of those and they are great resources.
    I'm going to look into bushcraft for sure, I think between them and here I'll find my answers. For archery I go to Texasbowhunter.com, much less drama then AT

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    no need for non camping related stuff here. really, camping stuff should only technically be allowed since we'd be using a lot of it in conjunction with our hammocks. like rope. or tarps. those are the components for our setups, so they apply to HAMMOCKing. hunting only has like a tertiary connection.
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    WinterDream
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Images
    This is one of the best moderated threads i have seen on this site.....I also so some hunting and fishing......I look at this site for how to make my camp site and hammock gear lighter and better. If I want to know about a better way to hunt or fish I will look for those sites. I do like some of the cooking things that are placed here, I have been reminded of ways and means in that area and really like it. The DIY section is one of the best on the "old inter-web".
    I am a "$donation$" member as well.....I think this site needs to stay around for a long long time.

Thanks to all the members that put forth very good informaion about the many hammock systems and the best uses. I think of HF as a kind of one stop shop when it comes to finding venders that offer the latest and greatest in light (hammock) camping gear and systems.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast