Hammock
    hook and bag double
    Tarp
    decathlon 3x3m
    Insulation
    snugpak underquilt
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    I was really excited about picking up one of the tarp tents based on the 8x8 tarp(green and black in the pic). I contacted Pan the other day about getting one and he said model will be coming later this year. I guess the are going with this design for now (the lighter color in pic). I was really bummed out as I liked the design of the 8x8 tarp tent. Seemed more roomy. I guess I will have wait.
    The green and black one is the one I had my eye on as well, I was hoping it would be out after Trail days, in fact I have been making do with a substandard tarp because I didn't want to splash out on one in the meantime.

Ah well, time to get my DIY head on again.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Sorry to change the subject, but did anyone get a "stuff bag" from the Jacks while they were at TD? What did it turn out to be?

I cannot believe no one took a picture of the Jack's much anticipated new hammock. The only hammock pictures I've seen have been Ed Speer's with his new underquilt and Warbonnets.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by funbun View Post
    I like Warbonnet's hammock stand better than the hammock, lol
    Ya know, I was thinking the same thing. Nice hammock, but I really like that stand. It doesn't look like it would be too difficult to replicate at all even without a set of plans or instructions. I don't really think you'd need much more than a hammer, nails, tape measure, hand saw, scewdriver and wrench or socket.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images
    I didn't take any pics of the new JRB because I knew Pan and Smee were not finished modifying this item. Why not PM Pan about sending you a pic?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dino View Post
    I didn't take any pics of the new JRB because I knew Pan and Smee were not finished modifying this item. Why not PM Pan about sending you a pic?
    Good idea. I keep checking their site, but no pictures yet. I'll PM him.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    I tried the go-lite pack, was glad they wern't selling, I would have gone home broke.

I like the JRB hammock. A bit heavy, wish it was wider, would be good for a neophite hanger IMHO.

First time I saw a Spear pea pod, I like the old and the new.

Loved the Warbonnet hammock. I specailly loved the innner / outer pocket*. The pocket seemed a bit oversized, which I liked as the one on my traveller hammock was just large enough for the hammock ONLY, can't even fit the supplied tree straps in. *The pocket opening is on the inside of the hammock, the pocket is actually outside. It's only accesable from the inside, COOL!

New camera at the Olympus booth, (Stylus 770 SW) I want it! I took a picture from inside the beaker of water (waterproof to 33') they had there I suspect it will fit inside a Altoids can. Seemed to take great pics (7.1 megapixels). Forgot to ask about the memory cap. & I'm not totally thrilled about the "odd" rechargable battery. Would have prefered that it take AAs or similar "store bought" batteries. But then again, they don't last very long so,,,,,

I am impressed with the ENO double wide, as a single hammock with LOTS of room & I thought the 2 colors was a hoot.

Nearly bought another Travellers hammock, it had very brightly colored flowers all over it. Glad I stopped there, the vendor GAVE me a set of their rope "tree huggers" as I had lost mine 2 weeks ago. WOO HOO, SCORE!!

I got to taste some of the new(ish) dried food at the Anti gravety gear booth: yea, I could eat that every day on the trail, not a bad price & real tasty & they come in a reusable zip lock WITH A FLAT BOTTOM! Lots of stuff at that booth I liked, nice UL packs, am thinking of maybe getting the windscreen / pot support, plus too much to mention.

A "guilty confession": I spun the wheel at the sprint booth, I will never use their service, I did it to "cost them money" (I got a frisby, have already scraped the name off). Yea, I have issues with them.

A great time, most of the vendors were FANTASTIC! I wasn't impressed with one, who shall remain nameless but his initals were T.H. Makes a nice enough product, , I suppose, , , but , , , , , , , well, , , I too was ignored, only customer there, I was NOT wearing a hammock forums TEE, but I did have on a WB tee.

That was my first Traildays, I had a GREAT TIME! Got to meet lots of online friends & visit with some old friends, FANTASTIC!!!!!! It was however, likely also my last Traildays, not due to anything that did or did not happen, it was my plan all along.

Doctari.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Ya know, I was thinking the same thing. Nice hammock, but I really like that stand. It doesn't look like it would be too difficult to replicate at all even without a set of plans or instructions. I don't really think you'd need much more than a hammer, nails, tape measure, hand saw, scewdriver and wrench or socket.
    You'll need a saw that cuts 4x4s at 90* and at angles (might want a miter box if you're not using a big table saw), a drill w/ ~1" bits, a few lag bolts with nuts and the wrenches to put them on. Then whatever you're going to attach the hammock to - an eyebolt or something.

Since it uses bolts instead of nails, you can take it apart for travel! Nice looking stand, huh?
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    You'll need a saw that cuts 4x4s at 90* and at angles (might want a miter box if you're not using a big table saw), a drill w/ ~1" bits, a few lag bolts with nuts and the wrenches to put them on. Then whatever you're going to attach the hammock to - an eyebolt or something.

Since it uses bolts instead of nails, you can take it apart for travel! Nice looking stand, huh?
    yep, i was impressed w/ the hammock stands too. but if you're going to take that stand w/ you when you travel... better have a truck
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post

What angle do you cut the the 4x4s?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    I put this together during lunch. I think a picture is worth a thousand words.

Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast