WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap

pads in WB dbl

Christmas is coming and Im anticipating if I get enough monetary gifts, I would start getting things on my Hammock wish list... question I have- in thinking about getting the WB and a Yeti, I understand many use a pad in there under the feet. I am primarily a motorcycle camper and if I do not need to bring a pad, that will be great. Are there other ways you guys use instead of a pad that will still provide warmth to the missing 1/3?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpo63 View Post
    Christmas is coming and Im anticipating if I get enough monetary gifts, I would start getting things on my Hammock wish list... question I have- in thinking about getting the WB and a Yeti, I understand many use a pad in there under the feet. I am primarily a motorcycle camper and if I do not need to bring a pad, that will be great. Are there other ways you guys use instead of a pad that will still provide warmth to the missing 1/3?
    You could just choose a full length UQ instead of the Yeti for that situation. Speer and JRB both make excellent ones.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Switchback & WB BlackBird
    Tarp
    12x12 sportsman
    Insulation
    CCf
    Suspension
    Web W/ Dutch clips
    Hey Harpo,
    What your looking for is something that will not compress and yet still offers you some insulation . In reading you post the first thought that comes to my mind would be to use your leathers as a thermal break under your legs/feet area.
    A folded up Jacket and maybe chaps if you wear them would be a good start as you already have them to hand. A fleece vest if you brought one sandwiched in the mix would also help. Try to think of things like this that you will likely have with you anyhow...

Good luck,
    Darrel

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    another option is the NeoAir is the smallest size, they pack down incredibly small but are warm--how warm I can't say in hammock use, on the ground they are plenty warm....NeoAir is also supposed to bring out a seat model which is even smaller.
    The smallest of the Prolite series also packs very small and will extend from your feet up to the thighs.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    If your on your motorcycle, is it safe to assume the low temps are what? 40s?
    You could try using spare clothes under your legs...
    maybe some Reflectix (foil covered bubblewrap used in home insulation) It folds up pretty small
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    Thanks guys for the ideas... it seems that Angrysparrows idea a full quilt will be the easiest way to go about because I do not always have extra warm stuff since I do have an Electric Jacket and gloves (plugged into the battery) when its cold enough. (Gerbings.com if you are curious) This allows me to not have to wear gazillion layers and feel like the Michellin Man. I usually pack small and light (a good habit from my backpacking days). A full UQ will also pack much smaller than some of the extra stuff I would have to bring. Electrics allow me to ride into the 30s too! Guess I was focusing too much on the 2/3 because many here have it and I can be a hot sleeper.

• + New Posts