How high is the bug net suppose to be above your head?

I just went on my first hang. It was a blast.

How high is the bug net suppose to be above your head? It seemed the "ceiling" was low this weekend, but the ridge line was tight. I may just be a tad too big for the Expedition.

Pics from the trip are here:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=11544
    Take a Look >> Videos Trip Reports

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Looking at your set-up, it looks fine. I don't have any experience with HH, so take that into consideration. As long as my netting isn't drooping down on my face, I'm good. Adjusting the sag and keeping my suspension at the recommended 30* angle seems to do the trick at keeping the net up.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    The netting tends to be a bit close to the face, but as long as it's not actually touching your face or any other body parts, it's OK. Mosquitoes have no problem biting thru the netting if it's touching anything. Took me a few nights to get use to, but eventually it was fine. I now use a Warbonnet Traveler and the netting is much better placed with it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    IMO, if you are close to the 6' mark, then you are too tall for the Expedition. I know they say it's good for that height, but I disagree. I can never get real comfortable for very long in my Expeditions and my head is sometimes pressed against the netting even in the Explorers. But, my money says the Explorer will be much more comfortable for you if you feel cramped in the Expedition.
    Trust nobody!

It doesnt really bug me that much, but I do think I am too tall. My face does press against the bug net sometimes. I think I may need the Explorer Ultralite and give my wife the Expedition. I am about 6'1.
    Take a Look >> Videos Trip Reports

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 9civichatch3 View Post
    It doesnt really bug me that much, but I do think I am too tall. My face does press against the bug net sometimes. I think I may need the Explorer Ultralite and give my wife the Expedition. I am about 6'1.
    I always had varying degrees of trouble with the net being too close to my face, using an UL Exp. Of course, as long as it is not touching, I am fine. But often it would be touching.

Usually, a great help is, when possible, to tie the left side tie out( or both) to something several feet off the ground, like a tree branch, bush or hiking pole. Then, when the hammock sags down after you get in, the net will be pulled away from your face. Also, rigging up some internal "spreader" bars helps a lot. I take something I'm not using, like a rolled up pad, or pillow, or a stuff sack with some extra clothing in it, and put it between the RL and the net. This usually creates a big roomy area over my face and normally stays put. I have also attached "Grip Clips" to the net and then to the tarp, connected with a little piece of shockcord.

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    HH Stock
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Ring Buckle/Strap
    When I was using an Exped it felt a bit small for me, it was comfortable, but not ideal. My face often ended up very near the netting, never pressing into it, just not in the best spot. After I moved to an Explorer UL it felt like a Cadilac on the inside, it seemed much roomier and comfortable to me, I am 6' even and 215. Now I dont have any issues with the netting getting anywhere near my face. IMO, at 6' 1" you may want to consider one of the models made for the bigger folks.

• + New Posts