Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Being a web developer/programmer I spend a whole lot of time on the web. I'm not bragging it's actually very sad. Anyway this forum by far has the best mods/community around. As others have said and I concur this is the most civil forum of all the forums I am or have been a part of. They really learned from the experiences on other forums and keep anything on here from getting out of hand, and quickly. I was a regular member/visitor of another forum that I won't name, let's just say it centers around lightweight backpacking, that just gets incredibly toxic fast. Along with all the elitist attitudes and the fact that I think 75% of the membership is just their to buy/sell gear. Anyway just more kudos to the mods and the community at HF.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    This attitude of positive reinforcement started from the get go thanks to bad experiences on another forum. Great big thanks to the first members and mods for setting the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by kev138 View Post
    Is nice to have somewhere where everyone shares a common interest and a desire to help one another. No whining or pontificating. Just a group of folks who all love the same hobby. I have learned so much from the members here and when i finnished my first dyi hammock i couldn't post pics fast enough. It was so cool to read comments from my fellow fanatics and made me feel really proud( especially when Dutch commented). I can't wait to make it to my first group hang and meet some of these folks.
    We just had the beginning to the group hangs in Ocala this weekend and more to come. I hope to see you on the trail soon.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    HHDJ JUNGLE XL(2)
    Tarp
    RSBTR & Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ HG20* UQ HG20*
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    This forum has been a great friend and aid during my first 4 years of retirement. I drive a 28 year old truck therefore it needs some repairs from time to time but the auto repair forums are so disappointing I don't even try anymore. Thanks to HF and all the members I am enjoying retirement.

Hammock
    diy insulated 10.5
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    becket hitch
    Funny, I didn't think about it until someone else said it, but this is the only forum I donate. You guys have taught me a lot.
    Crayons - they might look different, but they all taste the same

Hammock
    11' Argon
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    HG UQ - DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar Tree Straps
    I agree that this is the most friendly forum on the web. I believe the unfriendly behavior stems from the anonymity of the web, much like driving - some people lose morals and concern for others when they think "No one is watching". This great site is primarily the result of the mods monitoring the site, and stemming the unwanted behavior before it gets out of control. I wish we could say that everyone that sleeps in a hammock is perfect, but I know that is not true. In addition, I am sure that this environment has created the culture that drives some of the unfriendly's away. Thanks to all mods past and present for your contribution to this great site!!

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Classic
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Suspension
    AHE whoopie sling
    This forum is the reason I got into hammocks, friendly and helpful. I don't post much but read and learn a lot. Just wish I lived closer to good backpacking trails. A good friend of mine is a moderator on a waterfowl forum that I was on and I had him delete my profile, a fly fishing forum I use to be real active on refused to delete my profile so I edited it to show nothing and tagged their email as spam. All the contact I have had with people here has been very positive.

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtngeronimo View Post
    Amen Brother. I think, in general, the disposition of those drawn to the hammock is by the nature of the hammock experience itself - cool and laid back.

Strict forum rules and diligent moderation help to keep things in check as well.

This is one place I always enjoy hanging out in.
    I must agree with this assessment and add that although some younger people obviously are hangers,the average age here is likely a little more "mature" which might account for the different mindset and attitudes.But then again it might just be that "hangars" really are just a cool bunch.
    Too many forums on the web are full of snarky types has also been my observation.This forum has definitely been one of the more informative ones for sure.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigger View Post
    This forum has been a great friend and aid during my first 4 years of retirement. I drive a 28 year old truck therefore it needs some repairs from time to time but the auto repair forums are so disappointing I don't even try anymore. Thanks to HF and all the members I am enjoying retirement.
    Retirement looks good on ya, you old goat!

Hammock
    11ft Argon 1.6oz, single layer
    Tarp
    Camo SilArgon
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    I have to completely disagree with the op. Everyone on this forum always thinks they are above the rest.
    But only by about 18".

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR and BB
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Maybe it is because we get such a good nights rest in our hammocks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123