Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I have a KAQ New River UQ...how does the TQ differ? Is the footbox sewn in, velcroed (that's a verb! My story, and I'm sticking to it!), or what?

Pics!
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    OG:
    The KAQ TQ is exactly that. It is a New River style quilt. No sewn or velrcroed, love the word, footbox at all. It is just a rectangular quilt. That is the beauty of the concept. Lets say I am laying in the hammock and the evening starts off hot, which never happens in the South, but then it cools off greatly with wind and the usual 85+% humidity we get down here. I can cinch down one of the cords at the ends of the quilt. Place a small loop of shock-cord through the attachment loops at this end of the quilt and then a longer loop of s-cord through the middle gros-grain loops of the quilt, then insert legs through the loops, This will allow the quilt to move with you while you sleep and keep it from untucking itself as well. It has all of the possibilities of the NR UQ, all of the attachment points and cinch channels are there and it could be hung just like an NR UQ. This has allowed me to have two multi-role quilts at the price of one of the other quilts. I have already been to the upper 30's with my KAQ NR UQ, fleece blanket, BDU pants, cotton T and socks. If this doesn't work as I have envisioned it, my daughter will have one nice UQ for her hammock!!!!!!

I should be able to weather almost any condition that we get here in the south.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12