Hammock
    Dutchwear Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    KeltyNoah12
    Insulation
    HGIncub20UQ MH20TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I use dyneema with dutchhooks attached via prussick. Adjustable and easy to move from one tarp to another. Holds prussiks well.

I takethe time to roll my lines ina figure 8 to help prevent tangles. Also, for my guy outs, I wrap the linearound the stake and pack seperate from my tarp

Hammock
    hh safari deluxe
    Tarp
    stock hex
    Suspension
    diy whoopies
    ZING-IT

make WHOOPIE SLINGS out of it and no knots or bling will be necessary

a locked eye in one end & a slip loop on the other

LARKS HEAD to the fastening points of the fly

SLIP LOOPS over the stakes

use the WHOOPIE SLING instructions found elsewhere on this forum

NOTHING SIMPLER, NOTHING LIGHTER, NOTHING TAKES UP LESS SPACE

one spool of ZING-IT will be enough for tie outs, ridge line, a bear bag & enough left over for an emergency coil

just this lazy old fat man's 2¢ worth on the subject
    "we are the people our parents warned us about" jb

steve

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    30' of Zing-it with prussiks and dutch hardware permanently attached to the tarp. Makes for fast setup. 4- 12' lengths of braided mason cord for tie outs. Never have any trouble with it tangling as they are coiled and stored neatly at breakdown. Don't carry stakes as trees, roots or found stakes are everywhere. The tie outs have a tied loop at one end that is wrapped around tree/stake end. The working end is looped through shockcord loops at each corner of the tarp and attached with slip knots. This makes for easy adjustment from under the tarp if it's raining.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    I missed you at the hang last weekend. I use Lash-it for CRL. Dutch Hook one end and Dutch Fleaz adjustable end. Tarp goes up super fast.

Guy lines are Braided Mason's line prussic to the guy out for adjusting length. I simply roll the tarp and pull on the skins. Very little tangle. The main problem is that Mason's line stretches a little and holds some water.

I'm thinking of using Dyneema fishing line instead for my guy lines. 100 lb line should be fine and several hundred yards on a spool.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Knots work well..........unless you live in the North and hang in the winter!! You're correct, Dutch hardware isn't absolutely necessary. Just quicker and easier. I found masons line, and planer board line, way more hassle than it was worth.

Lawson glo wire is amazing stuff, I use a lot of it. Unless YOUR light is shining on it, it's regular line. Stealth minded hangers take note! I might try the 3mm version this winter, a little thicker might help when wearing gloves. His guywire is definitely worth looking into for you. I've just started experimenting with his ironwire fusion and I like it a lot so far.

Western Filament Planer Board Line.

This stuff is strong, durable, stiff (so does not tangle easily), lightweight (it floats), does not absorb water, and inexpensive. Comes in 130lb and 200lb. I use 130lb for all tarp lines (ridgeline, guylines). I use 200lb for food hanging, although the 130 is sufficient. Overall this is excellent stuff.

I also tried Cortland brand, but that line is flimsy and does not seem to hold as well as the Western Filament brand.

$6 for 150 feet

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...-feet?a=329029

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    When did para cord become the fat kid no one wants to play with? I feel so 2014 for using para cord now. Wonder if gutting the para cord would be good enough to stool have strength but loose half the weight. I have so much I just can't let it go.
    www.prestonspringer.com

“A dead thing goes with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    When did para cord become the fat kid no one wants to play with? I feel so 2014 for using para cord now. Wonder if gutting the para cord would be good enough to stool have strength but loose half the weight. I have so much I just can't let it go.
    The issue with paracord is that is nylon based cord, so it tends to stretch and abosrb water. The dyneema based cords don't have those issues and is significantly lighter and hollow braid. So splicing is easily done and preferred.

Western Filament Planer Board Line.

This stuff is strong, durable, stiff (so does not tangle easily), lightweight (it floats), does not absorb water, and inexpensive. Comes in 130lb and 200lb. I use 130lb for all tarp lines (ridgeline, guylines). I use 200lb for food hanging, although the 130 is sufficient. Overall this is excellent stuff.

I also tried Cortland brand, but that line is flimsy and does not seem to hold as well as the Western Filament brand.

$6 for 150 feet

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...-feet?a=329029
    I've also used planer board line as well. Mine is the Tuf-line brand. It is a polyester dacron hollow braid line. As mentioned, it floats and doesn't stretch. One should be able to find planer board line at their well stocked fishing tackle supply store.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I use zing-it for my ridgeline.

Quote Originally Posted by beenaround View Post
    I use Lawson reflective cord. I got tired of tripping over lines at night.
    Agreed, I prefer line with a reflective tracer in it for guylines. Lawson is good stuff, I use nite ize line as well but prefer the Lawson.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12