Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Very nice slide show Ongs-hat!!!
    Didn't take me long to see that you have developed the photography skills quite nicely!
    I particularly liked the early shot looking down the trail surrounded by Rhodos. And that Eastern Ringneck makes at least 3 snakes seen, along w/ a lizard (Fence Swift I believe). I'm kinda supprized at seeing that many reptiles still out trying to get some sun this time of year.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    my only hammock! ENO double
    Tarp
    my only tarp ENO
    Insulation
    Have no Idea
    Suspension
    Ratchet straps
    Oh my goodness what a place!! Linville Gorge!! This was nature in technicolor, the colors were amazing. Met many great people, thanks to everyone involved in the planning of this trip. I would not have seen this place if it wasn't for hammock forums. Thanks to everyone that brought food down from the top, I really enjoyed the livermush and biscuits, the banana bread, the eggs. Thanks stormcrow for the fire that dried me out!! I needed that I was hoping to be in sispsey now instead of home, but started feeling a little under the weather Thursday morning. Parted ways with Mac at first fuel fill up. Anyway, I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Hope to see you guys on another hang soon. Big thanks to all from the Deep South!!

Slightly under the weather hedcase out

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Speer SWT
    Insulation
    hammockgear.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Hedcase, sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. I hope you lick it quickly and get back out there. It was good to meet you and all the folks.

Ken
    http://www.linvillegorge.net

"You can't hem up a Rat!" Malcom Johnson, ca. 1970

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedcase View Post
    I was hoping to be in sispsey now instead of home, but started feeling a little under the weather Thursday morning. Parted ways with Mac at first fuel fill up. Anyway, I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Hope to see you guys on another hang soon. Big thanks to all from the Deep South!!

Sorry to hear that ... had a sick Stromcrow and Thr33 this trip too. Wonder if you caught the "hairy legged kilt flu"!!!!! Ha!

All kidding aside hope you get to feeling better soon and although brief it was great to meet you. You're always welcome back!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images

Feel Better

Oh my goodness what a place!! Linville Gorge!! This was nature in technicolor, the colors were amazing. Met many great people, thanks to everyone involved in the planning of this trip. I would not have seen this place if it wasn't for hammock forums. Thanks to everyone that brought food down from the top, I really enjoyed the livermush and biscuits, the banana bread, the eggs. Thanks stormcrow for the fire that dried me out!! I needed that I was hoping to be in sispsey now instead of home, but started feeling a little under the weather Thursday morning. Parted ways with Mac at first fuel fill up. Anyway, I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Hope to see you guys on another hang soon. Big thanks to all from the Deep South!!

Feel better man! And BTW - Thanks for toting that huge orange tarp back to camp. (After purging my pack I was down to 31 lbs)
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    SLD Lair
    Tarp
    Gnarwhal Hex 12x9
    Insulation
    SLD UQ & KAQ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckle

Adventure around the south end of the gorge

"Millergear … glad you could join us at least for one night … hope to hear from you on your adventure around the south end of the gorge. Hope I’m busting trail when I’m in my 70’s … OH and if Millergear offers you something called Kickapoo Joy Juice … it will strip paint!!!!!

Bailed on my adventure around the South end. Got a late start and took till 3:30 to reach Pinchin. (Aledgedly there is a trail along the river?) And I never would have found that dang sign w/o my GPS! It was to late to get up Pinchin, around Pinnacle and down to water. And I wasn't about to carry water UP that trail! Thursday up Pinchin, over on Kistler to Rock Jock (Thanks to all the trail workers, Rock Jock is a great trail). Then down Connelly to the (empty) group site after 7 hours on the trail. Its "no country for an old man"! And when I get old I'm not going anymore. Met up with Ongs Hat at the top of Spence Ridge Friday AM and on the Famous Louises for early lunch, with Rhubarb pie.

Great meeting everybody and seeing all the rigs,

millergear
    I THOUGHT GETTING OLDER WOULD TAKE MUCH LONGER.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Way to go MG ... glad to hear it went OK. Wish you could have "Hung around" (no pun intended). Had some fun just enjoying the weather and talking to everyone. Tried your "paint thinner" ... guess it's an aquired taste!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hedcase .... pleasure meeting you and hopes to a speedy recovery!
    Shug

Quote Originally Posted by millergear View Post
    Bailed on my adventure around the South end. Got a late start and took till 3:30 to reach Pinchin. (Aledgedly there is a trail along the river?) And I never would have found that dang sign w/o my GPS! It was to late to get up Pinchin, around Pinnacle and down to water. And I wasn't about to carry water UP that trail! Thursday up Pinchin, over on Kistler to Rock Jock (Thanks to all the trail workers, Rock Jock is a great trail). Then down Connelly to the (empty) group site after 7 hours on the trail. Its "no country for an old man"! And when I get old I'm not going anymore. Met up with Ongs Hat at the top of Spence Ridge Friday AM and on the Famous Louises for early lunch, with Rhubarb pie.
    Great meeting everybody and seeing all the rigs,
    millergear
    Whooooo .... I wondered!!!! That is a tough ol' hike. Me and Hicks did that whole side in '93 and it tore us up. Glad to have met you.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ongs-Hat View Post
    Something I put together real quick to hold everyone over until all the videos start rolling out!
    Ahhhhh .... that was fun to see Ongs-Hat. Nice to chat that one late night....
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    SLD Lair
    Tarp
    Gnarwhal Hex 12x9
    Insulation
    SLD UQ & KAQ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckle
    It was more than "a tough ol' hike"! It was dang hellacious going thru to Pinchin. I've done it before but forgot how bad the (non) trail was. But, that's an avantage to my age, every day is new and exciting, cuz I don't remember squat from yesterday!

Link to my pix: http://www5.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...NAME=snapfish/
    I THOUGHT GETTING OLDER WOULD TAKE MUCH LONGER.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast