Hennessy Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Equinox 8x10
    Insulation
    Crow's Nest Camo
    Suspension
    Woopi Sling

Pre-Halloween Midweek Linville Hang Oct 26-30

I thought I would start the trip report thread for our Linville Gorge Hang.
    I had a great time meeting all kinds of folks like Hawkeye and Ken and Mackentire and all the rest.
    As far as a trip report goes Monday we all met up and and had a great time at the first hang enjoying Mrs. Burrito's peanut butter banana bread and where we were introduced to the Crow's Nest, Stormcrow's camo underquilt. It was really warm and comfortable for this trip at 13 oz of 800+ fill down. Ask for it by name.
    Then Tuesday it rained all day but that didn't dampen anyone's spirits especially when Stormcrow built a roaring fire in spite of the rain.
    On Wednesday we all enjoyed a liver mush brunch. I enjoyed my first experience with liver mush but I am sure Shug will be more descriptive about the beauty of liver mush in his posts later ;-) I also have to put a shout out of thanks to Suess for helping me with a creative solution to my sagging ridge line.
    Then Wednesday afternoon Stormcrow and I took a hike up to Table Rock. That was really cool as well. Here are a few pics from that hike to make you jealous that you didn't come with us. But I am sure SC's video will do it more justice than this little trip report and a few pics will be able too.
    But I think the high point of this trip, at least for me, and perhaps others was the Jerry Chair. Jerry W. made a super light weight (he thinks it is like 4 oz.) camping chair out of stuff he had laying around the house that inspired him. It was AMAZING and COMFORTABLE to boot. You must make him post the true description and directions soon, before he realizes he could market the Jerry Chair for money ;-)
    Thank you one and all for a really fun trip. I hope you all had as much fun as I did.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts