Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    We just got home, stayed an extra day, had the whole grove to ourselves. Dropped by the office, told them we wanted to stay thru Mon, dropped them some cash and had a fantastic Sun/Mon.

Will post more later but for sure we had a great time, uh huh, awesome!

Thanks for making my sister Maile, and her husband and kids feel so welcome.

Oh, and yeah, "We got Mecked" !!
    Great to see you and your family. My kids loved playing with them, and want me to set something up soon (the next time the planets align). I had no reception the whole weekend, and the only Scarlet Knights updates I got were from your sister. Glad I wasn't there to see our final play, but I heard the stadium was rocking.

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    WOW!!!! looks like such a great time!!!! Thanks for all the photos!! Great to see what it's all about as a newbie! Can't wait to get out there with all you folks!! is there another hang coming soon? A winter hang would be awesome!!!
    In 4 short weeks, the NoVa November hang will be happening in Prince William Forest Park near Quantico, Va. You should come join us for that one.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mychal View Post
    Great to see you and your family. My kids loved playing with them, and want me to set something up soon (the next time the planets align). I had no reception the whole weekend, and the only Scarlet Knights updates I got were from your sister. Glad I wasn't there to see our final play, but I heard the stadium was rocking.
    Yep, same here, the kids haven't stopped talking about your clan and how much fun they had playing with everyone. My nephew Root wants them to go hiking together so they can all earn trail names. He's already calling Dutch's daughter, the Duchess.

I just mentioned your post to Maile and she messaged me back, "They really really really want to camp with them". Will have to work something out.

Thinking out loud here but maybe we should organize a couple kid oriented classes next time, wood processing, fire building and most importantly, hammock rigging. You know, train them up to lighten our workload. After that all I need them to do is cook bacon and let me sleep.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    Cheese Wheel is still rolling !!

He and Wild Dream are quite the team.
    Hey, I got that one!
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    A BIG thank you to EVERYONE from Lauren and Me. We both had a great time at our first MAHHA and are looking forward to coming back.

This is such a great group of people, we both felt this Hang provided the warmest welcome of any we've been to.

It was great meeting and talking to the Meck's of Hammeck, all of whom showed great interest in me and in Sheltowee. Let's get back to work and prepare for Florida this Janurary!

Thanks to George of Loco Libre Gear for taking the time to introduce yourself. It was awesome talking shop with you and getting a chance to touch and feel your unique quilts. Keep that machine churning!

And thanks to the many others who made me feel welcome and gave encouraging words of support; it really means a lot!

Special thanks to Dutch, Big Carl, Andrea (of Dutchware) Tim and Donna (2QZQ) for putting on the event; looking forward to making the trek again to Pine Grove Furnace again.
    -Alex

Sheltowee Hammocks Feature INTEGRATED UNDERQUILTS! Starting at $224

Step Out Of Your Sheltowee @ www.ShellHammocks.com

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellHammock View Post
    A BIG thank you to EVERYONE from Lauren and Me. We both had a great time at our first MAHHA and are looking forward to coming back.

This is such a great group of people, we both felt this Hang provided the warmest welcome of any we've been to.

It was great meeting and talking to the Meck's of Hammeck, all of whom showed great interest in me and in Sheltowee. Let's get back to work and prepare for Florida this Janurary!

Thanks to George of Loco Libre Gear for taking the time to introduce yourself. It was awesome talking shop with you and getting a chance to touch and feel your unique quilts. Keep that machine churning!

And thanks to the many others who made me feel welcome and gave encouraging words of support; it really means a lot!

Special thanks to Dutch, Big Carl, Andrea (of Dutchware) Tim and Donna (2QZQ) for putting on the event; looking forward to making the trek again to Pine Grove Furnace again.
    Hey Alex, it was really great meeting you, and I'm really glad you were able to make it! Hope to see you at a hang again sometime. Folks, Sheltowee's Boone hammock is a darn nice hammock, and Uphill was the very fortunate winner of Alex's extremely generous donation to the hang.

As you said above, it was fun talking shop. I enjoyed chatting with you and George from Loco Libre about gear making.

Keep up the great work!
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellHammock View Post

Its always great to put faces and names together. Glad I got a chance to talk to you and Lauren. Keep the dream alive, you make some sharp looking gear!

Quote Originally Posted by meckelangelo View Post
    Hey Alex, it was really great meeting you, and I'm really glad you were able to make it! Hope to see you at a hang again sometime. Folks, Sheltowee's Boone hammock is a darn nice hammock, and Uphill was the very fortunate winner of Alex's extremely generous donation to the hang.

As you said above, it was fun talking shop. I enjoyed chatting with you and George from Loco Libre about gear making.

Keep up the great work!
    David, I am a fan. It was cool to get to lay hands on your hammecks - there's definitely a Netty in my future.

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Yeah, those are my wife's slippers. Let's be in touch about how to get them home.

Work is crazy for the next week, but I'll be free in another week or so.

Until then,
    Pro V. (bill)

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Awesome time thanks for the great food and great laughs. Great seeing old friends and making new ones. Mychal wish we would of meet hopefully at the next hang or when I come up to dirty jerz to visit the fam.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    A short video of this year's fall MAHHA. Thanks again Dutch for all the planning. Donna and Tim, all of the vendors and everyone attending that makes this such a fun time.

"Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast