not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    I can recommend the Scientific american "60 second science" as well as their longer show.. very educational and occasionally funny! ( their "Totally Bogus" quiz is hysterical!)
    KM
    PS sorry not hiking related, but occaionaly enviromental topics are addressed.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jofish View Post
    The only downsides to their podcast: Golden seems to be on an extended hiatus and Rylan isn't putting one out this month b/c he's hiking. Great for Rylan, bad for me
    yes i am starting all over listening from the beginning-i miss the Golden Rylan Thursday night podcasts-this is my favourite podcast because it's just so laid back and easy to listen without all the hiking snobbery that you find in other places-

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
    you know what would make the hammock community complete? a podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    I don't want to be presumptive... but I think that is something I might be willing/able to co-ordinate. If the mods are interested in adding this and want to get in touch I would be willing to chat about. Right now I have some time to devote to it.
    If everyone wants an HF podcast... why don't you run with the idea? I don't think any of the mods have a problem with it at all...we just don't have time or inclination to work on it.

My suggestion would be to find someone with a really good speaking voice, and a sense of humor... Keep it light, keep it fun.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird, 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing w/ rings
    Plus there are plenty of very knowledgeable people here on the forum. I'm sure most of them would be more than happy to do a phone interview for a hammocking podcast.

Hammock
    Shug's Custom DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down Quilts
    Shug showed me this thread today. It's really nice to have folks say nice things about myself & Golden. We had fun with the podcast but I don't know if and when he might return. I've been working to keep it going and have lined up several other hikers to talk with. I'm looking forward to the future conversations but I'm going to be a little slow with it for awhile. While I was away hiking on the AT in VA my Dad had a stroke back here at home. Being his child who lives locally his care is my responsibility now. Lori (who was on the hike too) and I will soon record an episode about the trip and at the end I'll let everyone listening know that I'll be pretty sporadic with the show for now but I intend on continuing it. It's become a virtual escape when I can't really get out on a trail!

Now that I've said I can't keep up with my own podcast, as for a hammocking podcast, I would really love to be involved. There are a whole list of possibilities. I have access to a friends studio where several people could skype in and be recorded. The conversation could be broadcasted in real time and others could join in on a chat with their thoughts or questions. Easily podcasted through iTunes. A few hangers could chat about a topic that they all have something to contribute. And there's so much knowledge on this forum from passionate people about hammocking. I guess I'm seeing something like the conversation in camp after a hike with other hangers??
    Rylan

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    My biggest problem with making a run for it is that I have no clue how to start it or how to get it out to present. When you talk about studios and real time broadcast I ain't got none of that. How needed is it? Would this be something that would piggy back on HF website and bandwidth or would it need to be a stand alone critter.

At the immediate moment I am madly trying to get as costume finished so I can start doing my church shows again. Nothing else seems to be offering any prospect for employment so I figure I might as well revive my evangleistic programs. I have done more "sewing" in the past three days than in the last 5 years. This is not gear making... it is actual sewing. I am off to MAHHA tomorrow and need to get my costume and website completed by next week so I have a backlog i would need to work through before I could really start with the podcast. But if someone could give me some guidance (in PM or e-mail) that would be great.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Images
    whew! that was close! i'm so glad i never went on and on about how Golden was my favourite,that could of turned out alot worse.just kidding-welcome to HF Rylan!

Hammock
    BB 1.7 Dbl, ENO SN, Switchback
    Tarp
    SWT, Diamond Fly
    Insulation
    Infl. Pad, Fleece
    Suspension
    Ring Bckl, Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylan View Post
    Lori (who was on the hike too) and I will soon record an episode about the trip and at the end I'll let everyone listening know that I'll be pretty sporadic with the show for now but I intend on continuing it. It's become a virtual escape when I can't really get out on a trail!
    Just let me know when you want to get together to talk about my FAIL on that hike. I'm not scared to make myself look stupid.

Shrek aka Chad
    "I used to be sane, but now I'm better."

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
    you know what would make the hammock community complete? a podcast.in my all labour no brain work i listen to hrs and hrs of podcasts and love it.i look forward to new ones from the Southeastern Backpackers and Toothless,Practical Backpacking,Dirtbag Diaries and Doing stuff Outdoors and many more.i love all the videos you guys make and the chit chat that goes on here .so...gets me to thinking that one of you techy guys who can talk properly and know whats what in the hammock world should make a podcast or 100.myself,i'm a newbie and not much of a talker and a computer dunce to boot but i betcha somebody out there is just waiting for the invite to give it a shot and i guarantee i would not be the only one to listen.-think about it
    PODCAST!!! YES!!! I listen to hours of podcasts a week... during my daily commute to/from work and a good chunk of the day at work. I would LOVE to listen to a Hammock related podcast!
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down top & bottom
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    Images
    Yes, please!
    -Liz -

• + New Posts