Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    The problem with a poncho tarp is you generally need it in two places at once when it is raining and you are trying to setup camp.
    That said, it sounds like you mostly need a tarp for your hammock to provide shade from the sun since you are just using this hammy occasionally to rest while fishing and no plans to camp/sleep overnight
    an in that case just about any extra long poncho should do the trick.

hth

Hi guys.
    Thanks for all the input!
    I already have a full size hammock tarp that i use whenever i plan to camp.

This time i need a specific piece of gear, i mean, a compact poncho tarp, that could be used as a rain suit but also as as a hammock rain tarp, to offer some shade and as rain protection as possible.

This poncho tarp will make a pair with my dutch hammock, being both luxury itens that could or could not be used along fishing trips.

So both need to be as small and light as possible, being as cheap as possible, what excludes PU coat (too heavy) and cuben fiber (too expensive).

I think a large sized poncho tarp silnylon could do the trick, but i could not choose one due my lack of experience.

Right now im interested in the moonbow model but only because its much wider than other poncho tarps, what can offer (in theory) a better rain protection.

But i really dont know where to go.

Just know i need a small hammock tarp that double as poncho to protect my backpack and that it needs to be ultralight to pair with my ultralight hammock since both will be luxury itens that may be not used and i dont want do carry a heavy load that i wont use.

Thanks!
    Last edited by amayumi; 11-06-2016 at 00:54. Reason: More info

+1 on the Dutch

I have spent not a fortune but a lot on "cheap" solutions. I easily spent the price of quality gear trying to shortcut with cheap Chinese stuff. Live and learn.
    "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123