Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    I just got notified of shipping! Woot!!!! I may (just maybe) put together an unboxing/first hang video when it arrives. I will definitely be putting up pictures here!
    "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured"

Hammock
    DIY,Dream and Dutch
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB, HG ,AHE
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Let us know how you like it...I have been looking at the Sparrow,but want to wait for the reviews.

Hammock
    D.H. Custom
    Tarp
    DIY, W.L.
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    Straps anchors
    Hi owlsnest, if you want see one I'll have my sparrow at the Hoosier hang this weekend, FYI

Images
    OK folks.... I got my Dream Hammock Sparrow today! Woohoooo! I am more excited about than I will be fore Christmas! My USPS does not arrive at my house until 4:30 or 5:00pm. When I woke up this morning I saw that the shipping status of my package was "Arrived at Destination Post Office" (paraphrasing). I immediately called them and asked them to hold it at the Post Office, instead of sending out with the mail carrier today. I picked it up as soon as the Post Office opened its doors, at 8:30am. I was the first person in line. That's how excited I was for my Dream Hammock to arrive.

I was able to set it up, but I was not able to get any photos. It's just too windy today. I promise I will get some photos posted as soon as possible.
    Since I went through the trouble of setting it up, I decided to put my UQ on it and laid in it for a while. ...You know... To test.
    I gotta say... Man, this thing is comfortable!! Most comfortable hammock I have owed. (I have have tried quite a few)
    The craftsmanship and attention to EVERY detail is amazing. The stitching is immaculate. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that it is an INCREDIBLE piece of equipment.
    Even more amazing is the customer care that Randy and Deanna show to each one of their customers.
    It has been worth every penny and every second of waiting.
    Pictures will come as soon as weather permits.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    AWESOME!!!! looks like mine will be made next week... i hope. can't wait!! get some pics ASAP!!!!
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronjreed View Post
    I got my Dream Hammock Sparrow today!
    Thank you very much. We certainly appreciate the kind thoughts.
    Deanna got you another little package ready for the PostSmurf this afternoon.

Images
    Sorry it took so long to get this photos uploaded. If you don't have a high-bandwidth connection to the internet, you are going to have a hard time with this post.

Photo 1:
    The contents of the package from Dream Hammock.
    DH_1.jpg

Photo 2:
    Bug net attached.
    DH_2.jpg

Photo 3:
    Inside (head end) w/ridgeline organizer and peak shelf
    DH_3.jpg

Photo 4:
    Inside, foot end.
    DH_4.jpg

Photo 5:
    Outside, with over cover in place.
    DH_5.jpg

Photo 6:
    Outside, with over cover folded back
    DH_6.jpg

Photo 7:
    I ran the shockcord for the hammock through the d-rings my HG Incubator UQ. It spread the quilt out perfectly. I am so excited to try this out at the Utah Frozen Butt Hang in January (and before then too)
    DH_7.jpg

Photo 8:
    A shot of the hammock with the quilt on.
    DH_9.jpg

Photo 9:
    Inside with the over cover in place. I like that it was not too dark, even with the over cover in place. You can also see the peak bags for the bugnet and over cover at the foot end. They are movable/removable.
    DH_10.jpg

Photo 10:
    Close up shot of the peak shelf at the head end. I am going to use this to house my CPAP machine.
    DH_11.jpg

Photo 11:
    All wrapped up. I left the foot-end whoopie out for easy deployment. The bishop bag is generously sized and I really appreciate that.
    DH_15.jpg

Cameronjreed,

I noticed you mentioned using a CPAP machine in your hammock. How will you power the cpap, via battery power or via electric cord? If via electric cord, how would you route the power cord into the hammock?

THanks,

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CUTiger View Post
    Cameronjreed,

I noticed you mentioned using a CPAP machine in your hammock. How will you power the cpap, via battery power or via electric cord? If via electric cord, how would you route the power cord into the hammock?

THanks,
    I have only ever car camped with my cpap so I have powered it by DC/AC converter at my car and run an extension cord to my cpap. I have not used the cpap since getting my DH but I imagine I will have to do some interesting routing of cables and hoses. I will update this thread (or start a new one) once I figure out what works.

Hammock
    DIY,Dream and Dutch
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB, HG ,AHE
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Frosty 269,just got back to this thread and read your offer,Thanks!Unfortunately the date of Nov. 7 involved a Family Loss and I always spend it with my wife at home,so I couldn't make the Hoosier Hang anyway.Still watching this thread,and may have to sell a Dangerbird to get a Sparrow!I have a Freebird and a Dangerbird and I cant find a single stitch out of place on either of these hammocks,some of the finest quality craftsmanship I've seen,so I can only assume the Sparrow will be the same quality,just a different zipper/net/cover design option.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast