Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images

Under Q attachment to Whoopie Sling

I use a SnugFit and a BlackBird. What is everyone doing to make a place to attach your underquilt? Thanks, Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    te-wa quilt is a perfect match for the amsteel of the whoopie sling. that was just "reading the future" on my part, or perhaps dumb luck..

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    I dunno how snugfits are, but i use 2 tiny biners, some shock cord. I attach the biners to the shock cord on each end. I prussic the shock cord to the WBBB behind the fabric bundle with about 5-6 wraps. I then take both biners in hand and wrap another prussic around the WBBB fabric in front of the fabric bundle about 2 inches, then i attach each biner to each tieout on my JRB quilt. To tighten the UQ i slide the prussic. As the jacks say, its best to do this with someone in the hammock, slide an inch or two and check, then adjust again or leave it. I also only make adjustments when the biners are not connected. I slide the first prussic (the one on the whoppie) then the second to make adjustments. I use about a 14inch piece of shockcord.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ikemouser View Post
    I dunno how snugfits are, but i use 2 tiny biners, some shock cord. I attach the biners to the shock cord on each end. I prussic the shock cord to the WBBB behind the fabric bundle with about 5-6 wraps. I then take both biners in hand and wrap another prussic around the WBBB fabric in front of the fabric bundle about 2 inches, then i attach each biner to each tieout on my JRB quilt. To tighten the UQ i slide the prussic. As the jacks say, its best to do this with someone in the hammock, slide an inch or two and check, then adjust again or leave it. I also only make adjustments when the biners are not connected. I slide the first prussic (the one on the whoppie) then the second to make adjustments. I use about a 14inch piece of shockcord.
    That's kind of what I was thinking, a prussic on the Whoopie Sling, but I would have thought it would slip. Thanks.

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking, a prussic on the Whoopie Sling, but I would have thought it would slip. Thanks.
    It holds well.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Mule, I use a SnugFit with my Blackbird and Whoopie Slings. I attach my SnugFit directly to the Whoopie Sling amsteel with a couple small JRB biners. IMO, adding something else like unnecessary shock cord to the equation just leaves more room for something to not work or go wrong. There's something to be said for keeping it simple.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Mule, I use a SnugFit with my Blackbird and Whoopie Slings. I attach my SnugFit directly to the Whoopie Sling amsteel with a couple small JRB biners. IMO, adding something else like unnecessary shock cord to the equation just leaves more room for something to not work or go wrong. There's something to be said for keeping it simple.
    HOOCH, Where exactly would you be hooking them? The shock cord on my SF is about 2 feet long on each side if you put some tension on it. But the WSling attaches to the end of the hammock. Do you just not use all the shock cord and hook the SF to the end of the hammock? Thanks. Mule

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I attach my Snugfit with the biner directly to the Whoopie Sling using the shock cord provided and attached to the SnugFit already. I don't add any extra shock cord at all. IMO, there's just no need for it.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    I attach my Snugfit with the biner directly to the Whoopie Sling using the shock cord provided and attached to the SnugFit already. I don't add any extra shock cord at all. IMO, there's just no need for it.
    Thanks, I'm going to experiment with that. I have not added any extra shock cord either but I have been attaching it about a foot or more from the end of my webbing. Now that I am using WS it was going to be hard to do. Perhaps I never needed it that tight anyway. I used to use this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    If someone wants to give me some measurments I think I can work a loop into the sling just down of the dead eye.

The measurement I would need is how far from the dead eye would you need the loop....

Like this..

Those are scraps... The blue would be the dead eye on the sling and the black would be your loop. It would be a couple inches shorter than whats pictured. And stitched in. It would also increase the minimum distance your slings could span. So instead of the 17-20" I normally get, you might be up to 22-26".

• + New Posts