Hammock
    Freebird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ WB MJ
    Insulation
    UGQ, Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Strap/Rings/Dutch
    I sewed a gross grain channel on both ends of the ub, and built a suspension system identical to the UGQ primary and secondary and this thing is super easy to dial in! I have several down quilts and purchase 2 of the SP UB, to play with and use as loaners, but the main reason was to double up with my UGQ 20 degree for winter trips.
    Fair Winds & Following Seas.

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    I lengthened the two inner cords on each end of the Underblanket, and clip them with a mini biner around the gathered end of my hammock--the nub.
    I just mini biner those long side cords to the continuous loops of my hammock.

Your Underblanket should FLOAT under your hammock and WITH hammock. When you load your hammock, you should still be able to slide your hand under your loaded hammock WITHOUT touching the Underblanket. BUT, the sides should be gathered up with that center cinch lock so the Underblanket cups in FLUSH against your hammock sides, no space. But it is SPRINGY and easily GIVES and rebounds.
    Thank-you. Good timing on this, mine is on the delivery truck and I'll try this tonight.

P.S. I got one (because of this post) to experiment with, use for car camping, and loan to grandkids who have been using my old GG pads.

My only concern is why are you writing this at 3AM vs sleeping if it is so comfortable ???
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    I stumbled on this on the net and thought it would be interesting. It appears to be the factory instructions on hanging these underblankets. I post it on another thread too and it probably has been posted before. But once more can't hurt. s-l1600.jpg

Hammock
    Chameleon, Hammeck Envy-S, Amok,
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    CBs or whoopies
    I connect the shock cords at each end of the hammock close to the same point. Fixed inner cords are loosely attached to the CL of the hammock and the outer edge shock cords are connected within about 6 inches out on my suspension (in closer if bug net is on). The two inner cords are keeping the UQ in place longitudinally and allow it to float nicely since they are not overly tight. The outer cords give me my adjustment for wrap around the hammock by using the cord locks provided at the middle of the UQ. Seems to work well but I have yet to really test it in really cold conditions.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to use it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Dublinlin:
    Thanks for taking the time to write....Possibly I could run a line over the netting (after all, it has its own cords that run over it) to the suspension buckles, hang the outer cords of the Snugpak from it, and then cinch up on the sides. Do you think that would work?
    Yes! I think that would do the trick nicely. That's what I did with my WBBB XLC in the beginning because its structural ridge line is encased by the integrated bug net/top cover....so, I just ran an additional ridgeline at almost the same place/height of the hammock's own structural ridgeline. I bet that will work well for you. I sure hope so!

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double and Haven XL
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    s-l1600.jpg

This i'm having trouble picturing.

Hammock
    12' arrowhead
    Tarp
    Nube'
    Insulation
    SMr inferno set
    Images
    20160129_152759.jpg20160129_152714.jpg20160129_152655.jpg

Here are the pics I promised, The inner two on each end I singled up using one connected using Sbiners so it forms a loop I connect using a carabiner to connect it to the hammocks loop. The outer two I brought back to the corner loops on the blanket forming a big loop on each side. This I run to the carabiner that attaches hammock to suspension. Then I catch both side cords through a carabiner that is hooked to a prusic loop on the ridgeline to help lift the sides.

The whole thing sounds more complicated than it really is. It takes me about 30 seconds to install the blanket from the bag on the hammock ready to use.
    A canoe or trike to do most of the hauling.
    A hammock to take away the bumps at night.
    Now that's the way to go.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Thanks for posting the pics. Ill have to see if i can get some of my setup tomorrow. This is similar to what I'm doing right now. I couldnt get my hardware to work so i was trying different configs. What i did was remove the inner cords altogether and tie the outer cords to the inner loops. The loops formed go to an sbiner at the end of the hammock and then i pull the lines coming out from the side channels up to the ridgeline.

What Im seeing though is alot of different configurations all seem to work.
    Last edited by robv60; 01-29-2016 at 19:27.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Those factory instructions are a bit vague, I agree. But that is what they say... I just thought it would be nice actually seeing their instructions since none of us received them when purchased. I have two totally different hammocks and set mine up differently on each one. One is a Hennessy and the other is a Yukon Outfitters. But I got it to fit both nicely.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Dont get me wrong I was happy to see them and thank you for posting them. I dont understand why they dont include them with the quilt. Also, that description is completely different than the picture that always seems to be shown with it on websites, like this:

snugpak_hammock_under_blanket.jpg

I was going to try the instructions you posted but I couldn't figure out what they were trying to say to do, haha. It read as though you are supposed to take the outside cords up through the loop formed by a prussik on your hammock ridgeline and clip it to the prussik on the other end of the reidgeline that the opposire end cords would run through....or something. Heck, I may try it like that, why not.

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast