Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket

new hammock, help me

Ok, I'm looking around for another cool hammock, cool as in WOW and not chilly

At the moment I have DD Hammock Travel and DD Hammock Camping hammocks and a scout and a netted..

I'm not looking for something new due to discomfort, no I just want to buy and try something else, shopaholic and hangaholic at the same time.

I've been looking at the new 2009 Camo survivor Asym that Hennessy Hammock has out for 299$ but before I make a decision I feel that I need something else to look at and compare it to, so all you fellow hangers, tell me whats what and what you think is a good hammock for about 299$

In that pricerange I think it should come complete with a tarp or fly..
    www.fogelberg.info

If the hammock is rocking, don't come knocking

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    I'd go with a Blackbird & a Speer winter tarp. You'd have enough cash left over for tarp lines too

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    I agree with the Warbonnet Blackbird. I'd go with a SpinnTex OES tarp or maybe the JRB 10X11 winter tarp. If your looking for the WOW factor, plus a real upgrade from silnylon, it'd be hard to beat a SpinnTex tarp of some sort.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    For the money, the Blackbird. I was a Hennessy user and the "whole package" really appeals, but I've had a more consistently comfortable hang with the Blackbird, and I also found that tarps that "come with" don't always turn out to be the best for use in all conditions. Hennessy is good quality, but I would get a Blackbird and the tarp appropriate to your planned destinations/seasons. A MacCat Deluxe or the Warbonnet tarp work well with the Blackbird. Speer winter tarp would work in all seasons and have many possible configurations.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ditto on the Warbonnet.

If you're leaning toward a winter tarp, one that should be considered is the Winter Dreams Tarp that Scott Littlefield makes. He makes the "doors" a bit bigger than you get on a standard rectangular or catenary tarp, his quality is good and the price is right. (full disclosure: I just took delivery of my Winter Dreams tarp two days ago with added side pull-outs. I haven't had it pitched yet, but that's one of this weekend's projects.)
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Of course I'd suggest a Blackbird; they are as "WOW cool" as they come.

Might also want to wait a little bit until some reviews of the Switchback come out. After a week of waiting, I finally get to play with my Switchback in the daylight today and tomorrow. It is an interesting contraption to be sure just looking at it on the floor. I'm very anxious to get it between two trees and start running it through the paces. It's new, it's handmade by a couple of HF fellas, and it's got a cool name. That pretty much places it right into the 'WOW cool' column in my book.

But, if you're feeling the itch and just have to pull the trigger, you really can't go wrong with the Blackbirds. I still think "cool" to myself just about every time I set it up.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket
    I have done my homework now and checked up on the WBBB and I must admit that I am curious on that contraption.

And as said, the fly on the HH might not always cut it, It seems a bit small. The reason why I wanted to go with the HH as a top choice was "the whole package deal" with the fly attached when deploying. But if the fly is to small it's not good choice.

If noone else shows me another excellent hammock that might be interresting I think I will go with the wbbb so I might contact warbonnet guy (or Brandon as shug whispered 3 or 4 times) to place an order.

what suspension is recomended? They come in two different.. choices choices.. I hate them..
    www.fogelberg.info

If the hammock is rocking, don't come knocking

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BaloO View Post
    I have done my homework now and checked up on the WBBB and I must admit that I am curious on that contraption.

And as said, the fly on the HH might not always cut it, It seems a bit small. The reason why I wanted to go with the HH as a top choice was "the whole package deal" with the fly attached when deploying. But if the fly is to small it's not good choice.

If noone else shows me another excellent hammock that might be interresting I think I will go with the wbbb so I might contact warbonnet guy (or Brandon as shug whispered 3 or 4 times) to place an order.

what suspension is recomended? They come in two different.. choices choices.. I hate them..
    When I ordered my WBBB, I got both the strap and the rope suspensions since I was on the fence about which one I'd prefer. The sling suspension is the most straightforward of the two (especially if you get Dutch Clips to use rather than caribiners). I wound up switching to the rope/tree straps combo (simpler to me since it didn't need ANY additional hardware). FWIW the slipped buntline knot recommended by Brandon is really easy to use. The rope solution is also lighter.

Currently I've switched from using the tree strap/rope combination to using tree straps and Whoopie Slings. I need to spend some time with this setup before rendering an opinion. Whoopie Slings are "fun" and a somewhat elegant (to my eye) way to use rope for hammocking. Hope that helps.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

• + New Posts