Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    He also did something pretty cool with the edges. The GGR is one continous piece. It is inside the end seam. The tie-outs are made by leaving out a loop at the corners. This does away with corner reinforcements. The only downside I can think of Rock mentioned. It would be harder to field repair.
    I had thought about doing the same thing with something like the 1/16" spectra guy line that speer sells around the perimeter of my cat cut tarp. I also had the idea of putting the guy line in the flat felled seam on the ridge line. If you used the perimeter method with a square tarp, like a JRB 8x8 or the Gear Guide tarps, that are pitched on the diagonal, it would help with the sag issues.
    Last edited by headchange4u; 05-23-2007 at 20:57.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    He also did something pretty cool with the edges. The GGR is one continous piece. It is inside the end seam. The tie-outs are made by leaving out a loop at the corners. This does away with corner reinforcements. The only downside I can think of Rock mentioned. It would be harder to field repair.
    Here's a tie out corner I did copying the GG "Neo" Tarp style. You could easily do the GrossGrain all the way around and then do this on the corners.

Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Here's a few of my opinions on the Warbonnet hammock. And we all know what opinions are like:

I'd have it cost around $149-$159. That would be for the lighter model. Hennessy's BUL retails for $179. I'd have the option of buying the tarp seperately. Hennessy offers this but does not advertise it. Dont know how the zipper is set-up but it would be cool to have a zipper that would zip the whole way around and allow you to take the netting off. The new Speer Cat tarp would really be sweet with a hammock like this. The 3 tie outs per side would really help the hammock ends in the blowing rain.
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 05-24-2007 at 17:36.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Images
    I'll throw mine back your way. I think considering the time and materials it takes to make one, they are a good deal where it is. Most people would spend over that for a hh and a McCat.

I'm sure that if you figured out how much he is making per hammock and divided that up by hours put into each one, he isn't making that much. I think it is unfair to use hh as a price benchmark. His mass production and bulk ordering would drastically lower the cost and time involved in each hammock.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    I'll throw mine back your way. I think considering the time and materials it takes to make one, they are a good deal where it is. Most people would spend over that for a hh and a McCat.

I'm sure that if you figured out how much he is making per hammock and divided that up by hours put into each one, he isn't making that much. I think it is unfair to use hh as a price benchmark. His mass production and bulk ordering would drastically lower the cost and time involved in each hammock.
    What is the price anyway?

Images
    I'll let him say for sure, I can't remember the exact price he said at TD off the top of my head. I can remember that it is in line with a hh and McCat. Probibly cheaper depending on the models involved.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I think he told me $225 including the fly, but I'm a guy and my wife says that means I'm usually wrong...so I could be mis-accessing my Memory Mismanagement System.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I think he told me $225 including the fly, but I'm a guy and my wife says that means I'm usually wrong...so I could be mis-accessing my Memory Mismanagement System.
    I think I know where that $200+ you were gonna spend on that Hyperlight is going now. Although I do love my Hyperlight.

Images

Warbonnet pictures and info

ok. first pic: shape of netting. points located to provide max head shoulder and foot room.
    2nd pic: reach through pocket silnylon. also used as suff sac.
    3-4. Full length underquilt. made of waterproof silnylon shell with climashield xp. has a 15 inch zipper on inner shell to open to check for moisture and let out air during compression. should insul. get wet, you can flip inside out to expose insul for quick drying. this is just a prototype, but i think i'm close to done. four layers of 2.0 oz/yd2 combat (retail models will use xp) about 20 oz. slept well at td's (not sure how cold) zero condensation.
    5-6 half length prototype 3 layers combat 2.0 about 12 oz.
    7-10 close up of pull tabs and binding
    sorry no pic of fly because i sold them all at td's. but there is a picture on this site somewhere. perimeter loaded, very slight cat cut ridge. you can still decrease the sag in the ridge by tightening tighter before staking out corners. available in green, grey and digital cammo.
    green/grey: shade under 12 oz.(includes lines and easy attach toggles) $95
    cammo fly: 28 oz. cammo one side black the other
    technical hammocks: 225 with fly, 140 hammock only
    appalachain: 1.1 oz ripstop grey 27oz with fly, 15 oz alone
    eldorado: 1.9 oz ripstop green 32 oz with fly, 20 oz alone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images

more pics

1. 15 inch zipper on underquilt
    2-3 storm flaps prototype. don't know if i'm gonna go this route or not.
    requires two stakes if windy, silnylon side protection no bottom. once hammock is loaded your but sticks out below the bottom. meant to be used in conjunction with the silnylon underquilt for full protection. storm flaps overlap underquilt by
    7-8 inches. aprox 6 oz. i am debating trying to develop a full silnylon bottom that can still accomodate underquilts. also the jacks thought their quilt would fit my hammock with nothing more than a few simple modifications but it hasn't been tried yet.
    the wt. limit on the technical hammocks is 185 and 225 respectivly. i haven't loaded either one to failure yet so i just go by what limits are on other hammocks. i also offer 10'x5' bed fabric only hammocks (travel hammocks) for 60$ 1.1 oz green 12 oz, 1.9 oz navy 17 oz, supplex (350 lbs) red. they come with the same lightweight vectran anchor ropes and tree straps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast