Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    Looks like fun, Opie. It's a gift you savor forever.

Here's my son and I this past spring at the Red River Gorge, KY where it rained most of the time as well, and this is my daughter and I in August with much better weather. This is the whole family out in some of the heaviest rain I've ever camped in, with the ENTIRE campsite under about an inch of water within 10 minutes of the start of the rain, but all dry and happy....

Yep, those are the best times....
    Excellent!!!

I need to start "hiking" with my kids. I havent hiked anything since I lived near the AT.

Hammock
    GTSBP
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Bag and Pad
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Wow--beautiful night full of stars, crickets, and only the occasional train horn or fire truck siren.
    Sorry about the sirens. Your the only one who seems to hear them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ArsonHammockHanger

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Glad you liked the photos. There's more on that Flickr site. I take each of my kids on a backpacking trip with just the two of us on their birthday. Really good times. Started that in 2008 when my son turned 5. My avatar photo was from that trip. Here's another--too cute:

--Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Arson View Post
    Sorry about the sirens. Your the only one who seems to hear them.
    Nothing to apologize for...I'm eternally grateful for people like you who risk your lives to save others. Thank you.

I do know what you mean, though. I am frequently worried about causing an accident when I pull to the side of the road LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I can't wait till my little guy is ready to do some hammock camping....it will be great
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    How old? You might be able to snug him up in a Hennessey or something similar where he can't fall out. My son was 3 when he first started backpacking, but we were in tents then. He has been camping since he was 14 months old, but we had a tent where he could just run around and be safe. Ahhhh, the memories....
    --Scott <><

Hammock
    DIY HH Clone
    Tarp
    Green Cat
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    SMC rings / straps
    Images
    I'm wanting to get my little one out for an overnighter as well. Mom isn't too enthusiastic about the two of us going alone. My daughter is 2 1/2.

If I uploaded it correctly, she's the little one on my back in my avatar. We do day hikes quite often. She's loving it so far.

I might have to try an overnight with her in the yard first. Good on you guys for getting the little ones out in the woods.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Wow...I don't know that I would be courageous enough to go alone with a 2 1/2 year old. When my kids were that small, one of us would have as their sole duty to watch them while the other made camp and did all the chores.

I'm glad you're teaching her a love for the outdoors.

Start them early and they'll love it forever!
    --Scott <><

Hammock
    DIY HH Clone
    Tarp
    Green Cat
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    SMC rings / straps
    Images
    Wow...I don't know that I would be courageous enough to go alone with a 2 1/2 year old. When my kids were that small, one of us would have as their sole duty to watch them while the other made camp and did all the chores.
    I know what you mean and it's one of the reasons I haven't taken her out yet. Getting my wife to go along is like pulling chicken's teeth. I've tried to get friends to go but it seems they just don't like the woods as much as I do. I get fake interest and then excuses as the weekend approaches.

I'm faced with going it alone (w/the little one) or not going. I'm tired of not going.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hdbint View Post
    I'm faced with going it alone (w/the little one) or not going. I'm tired of not going.
    Yeah, in that case, I'd go, too. Maybe in a tent, though--makes a great playpen!

Good luck, hope it all works out for you two!
    --Scott <><

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12