Lightest tarp on the market

Looking for the lightest tarp on the market that can be set up with some type of pole they sell separately because I do not carry trekking poles. What’s out there? (Besides zpacks)

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    well, it doesn't sound like your looking for a HAMMOCK tarp, but here you're asking on a HAMMOCK forum, and not in the Off-topic section. Not to be a jerk, but, we have to be paying subscribers (which I am) to post off topic things or sell non-hammock items in the Off Topic section here.

I think it's stupid because it makes people like you, who have a simple question think we're a bunch of hammock snobs, and many of us do a little bit of everything, but I guess it also keeps things on topic, and prevents a lot of BS that plagues other open forums from proliferating. That said, do a google search for Cuben Fiber tarps, and a lot of options pop up. however most ultra light minimalist folks will cut their own pole and stakes at the campsite, or use a tree rather than carry the extra grams offered by bringing a pole and stakes. if you're ok with DIY, you can visit RipstopByTheRoll, who just launched the ability to custom print designs on CubenFiber, and I think may be the only CF supplier that does. though some do have a generic camo option, it's usually not too great in terms of camo.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Lightest tarp on the market, and you want a pole. Well okay then! Sounds like two steps forward and one step back.

Zpacks, HammockGear or Dutchware have cuben fiber tarps. They all make tarps as skimpy as you could possibly want.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Also look at Hyperlite Mountain Gear and Mountain Laurel Designs.

One of the very lightest non-DCF tarps available now is the EE Paladin (for hammock) and Rival (for ground).
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Before this thread is moved ... It does seem you are conflicted in your goals. "The lightest tarp" is going to cost a lot more money than just a "light tarp". But then you add poles because you don't use hiking poles (no double use). When not using hiking poles, I use collapsible poles from REI. But if you are going to add that much weight, a few extra oz in tarp weight is nothing.

If you always plan to camp between safe (no widow makers - dead branches above) trees, then you can suspend from them. However, amazing but true, it is not uncommon to be in an area that has limited trees.

Note that most camo tarps are heavier than other colors of the same size - no, it isn't the "color" that is heavier (all that mix of patterns). It's the fabric.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts