Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Fella's, I'm looking at the volume discount (10%) along with the variety of color requests here. It did not look like she was giving much of a benefit or penalty on the shipping regardless of quantity. That sort of begs the question that if:
    1.) Bulk order with 10% discount is shipped to one member.
    2.) Said member then breaks apart the order to each of the individuals and ships it.
    3.) How much would we really be saving in terms of effort?

With the discount (32p or $0.53)/meter . I don't know what the shipping would be around the country.

I'm not deciding one way or another. I just thought I'd pose the question. If I get the 11 meters I was thinking about, I'll save $5.87 with the group buy over just getting it myself. I'll order some either way.

Any thoughts?

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

pertex

I calculate the 3.20 Euros/meter as $4.80. If the shipping is $1.60/meter, then the total without a bulk discount is $6.40/meter. Is this correct? If so, anyone ordering directly from the ebay seller would get that price, regardless of the amount. Maybe it would be simpler if we ordered separately. I sent the seller a question about bulk orders and shipping just to double check. I wouldn't want those who only need small yardage to lose out here.
    David

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WVhammockmaker View Post
    I calculate the 3.20 Euros/meter as $4.80. If the shipping is $1.60/meter, then the total without a bulk discount is $6.40/meter. Is this correct? If so, anyone ordering directly from the ebay seller would get that price, regardless of the amount. Maybe it would be simpler if we ordered separately. I sent the seller a question about bulk orders and shipping just to double check. I wouldn't want those who only need small yardage to lose out here.
    David
    Actually, the price is in British Pounds which are more expensive that Euros.. at least for the moment. One Pound is currently $1.67. So 3.20 Pounds equals $5.34. The shipping is about right at $1.60. The total is $6.94 shipped with no discount.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wisenber View Post
    Fella's, I'm looking at the volume discount (10%) along with the variety of color requests here. It did not look like she was giving much of a benefit or penalty on the shipping regardless of quantity. That sort of begs the question that if:
    1.) Bulk order with 10% discount is shipped to one member.
    2.) Said member then breaks apart the order to each of the individuals and ships it.
    3.) How much would we really be saving in terms of effort?

With the discount (32p or $0.53)/meter . I don't know what the shipping would be around the country.

I'm not deciding one way or another. I just thought I'd pose the question. If I get the 11 meters I was thinking about, I'll save $5.87 with the group buy over just getting it myself. I'll order some either way.

Any thoughts?
    ah, I was skimming this whole thing too quickly. I thought you needed 25m to make the deal, not get the discount.

It's going to be $5 minimum to ship a number of metres of fabric in the second round, probably closer to $10. So accepting your calculation of $0.53 discount per metre would mean that a buyer would have to hit 9.4 metres ($5 shipping) or twice that for $10 shipping to start benefiting.

This is a go-your-way thing methinks. Thanks for the links.

Grizz

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    ah, I was skimming this whole thing too quickly. I thought you needed 25m to make the deal, not get the discount.

It's going to be $5 minimum to ship a number of metres of fabric in the second round, probably closer to $10. So accepting your calculation of $0.53 discount per metre would mean that a buyer would have to hit 9.4 metres ($5 shipping) or twice that for $10 shipping to start benefiting.

This is a go-your-way thing methinks. Thanks for the links.

Grizz
    Just to be clear, you don't need to buy 25m EACH for a discount. The total order would need to be over 25m to get a group discount.
    It appears that her shipping per unit does not change whether you buy one or one hundred.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WVhammockmaker View Post
    Teal is okay, but the picture looks more blue and less green than some silnylon I've used. It would be nice to know if the seller has other colors available.
    David
    I have sone of the teal at home and it certainly more blue than green. Tommorow I will take a photo of it against another colour if you want to see how 'teal' it is?

Nigel

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

teal pertex

Quote Originally Posted by nigelp View Post
    I have sone of the teal at home and it certainly more blue than green. Tommorow I will take a photo of it against another colour if you want to see how 'teal' it is?

Nigel
    Great. Thanks. If you went to the ebay link, did the color in that photo seem right to you? If so, just confirm - no need to take a photo. Bluer is better, for me.
    David

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

corrected exchange rate

Quote Originally Posted by wisenber View Post
    Actually, the price is in British Pounds which are more expensive that Euros.. at least for the moment. One Pound is currently $1.67. So 3.20 Pounds equals $5.34. The shipping is about right at $1.60. The total is $6.94 shipped with no discount.
    Wow, thanks for catching my error. I thought the British had gone to Euros. Price still looks good. I had one response from Trish:

"Hi, Yes I will ship the USA. For an order of 25 metres plus I can offer a discount of ten percent. Cost of postage for 11 metres would be £10.50p. I am preparing an order of 25 metres and once I have the correct weight I will work out postage to the USA for 25 metres. Regards. Trish"

I haven't received her follow-up yet. It sounds like she calculates shipping by weight rather than yardage. I'm planning a biggish order, but not sure that I can manage 25 m. by myself, so I'll await a consensus (or, failing that, a decision) on whether to do a group buy.
    David

Hammock
    TTTM Stealth Black & WBBB Double L
    Tarp
    Macat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Unsponsored 3/4 UQ
    Suspension
    Slap Straps
    Images
    Pics of the pertex from the ebay link above made up into an underquilt.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=11881
    http://www.unsponsored.co.uk - Kayaking Site

http://www.bikeandbivi.com - Bikepacking, inc a MYOG section

Hammock
    DIY bridge, Pertex "Grackle"
    Tarp
    DIY 10x11
    Insulation
    DIY this-n-that
    Suspension
    Whoopie/M-spike
    Images
    David, I can probably help meet your goal. I have a monthly hammock budget though, and I'm tapped out for November, so it'll be the beginning of December before I'm in buying mode. If you need to, go ahead and order.
    .. truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. - Herman Melville

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast