Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    Your hammock making skills are indeed top notch Eidson. I hope my current hammock build turns out half as nice. Well done and I'm sure your daughter will enjoy it for a long time.

Images
    I was looking but can't tell, how did you attach the ridgeline?
    in the pic with the dog bone it's not on or maybe just not showing, can't tell.

I am kinda up in the air how I want to do my final ridgline, I like your idea of the dog bones and might have to adapt that too.

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekoob View Post
    I was looking but can't tell, how did you attach the ridgeline?
    in the pic with the dog bone it's not on or maybe just not showing, can't tell.

I can't say for sure without double checking, but I believe I placed the ridgeline in between a double pass-thru of the whoopie, before the larkshead finish...So one wrap of the sling through the channel, slip the ridgeline loop on, then another loop through the channel with the whoopie before larksheading through the fixed loop of the whoopie.

I fiddle with so many ways attaching the ridgeline on hammocks and haven't really landed upon a method that I prefer. In this case, it's held tight and I don't have to worry about anything falling off or coming loose as my daughter learns to hang it and setup things up herself.

I am kinda up in the air how I want to do my final ridgline, I like your idea of the dog bones and might have to adapt that too.
    All the credit for the dogbone idea goes to the great folks at Dream Hammock. I loved the idea when I was ordering my DH and I've incorporated it into every hammock I've built ever since. They're very handy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidson View Post
    I can't say for sure without double checking, but I believe I placed the ridgeline in between a double pass-thru of the whoopie, before the larkshead finish...So one wrap of the sling through the channel, slip the ridgeline loop on, then another loop through the channel with the whoopie before larksheading through the fixed loop of the whoopie.

I fiddle with so many ways attaching the ridgeline on hammocks and haven't really landed upon a method that I prefer. In this case, it's held tight and I don't have to worry about anything falling off or coming loose as my daughter learns to hang it and setup things up herself.

All the credit for the dogbone idea goes to the great folks at Dream Hammock. I loved the idea when I was ordering my DH and I've incorporated it into every hammock I've built ever since. They're very handy.
    Thanks for the reply. Again, great job on the project.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    Costco DYI quilts
    Suspension
    Amsteel Blue UCR
    Images
    Beautiful project! I like the dogbone to help with getting out. I also really like the organizer.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQG UQ, Ozark TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Very Nice
    I live the color
    great work
    <>< Matthew R. <><
    K5NON
    Bike4Heck.com
    Helotes, Texas

"Lighten Your Life And Enlighten Your Mind" -M.R.

Wow, one of a kind! That looks fantastic, I'm sure she'll enjoy it for many years to come.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Images
    If you don't mind me asking, how long do you normally make the dog bones?

I'm still not sure I'm going to add them to this current build and I'm sure different lengths would be needed for different uses, just wondering what length you are using for the "helping hand".

When my two girls come home from college soon I'm going to have to pull this up and show them. The older one will love the color... her favorite.
    and then they both will ask why the ones I made them don't look as good. so maybe I won't show them.

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    If you don't mind me asking, how long do you normally make the dog bones?

I'm still not sure I'm going to add them to this current build and I'm sure different lengths would be needed for different uses, just wondering what length you are using for the "helping hand".

When my two girls come home from college soon I'm going to have to pull this up and show them. The older one will love the color... her favorite.
    and then they both will ask why the ones I made them don't look as good. so maybe I won't show them.
    I have indeed done a variety of sizes for the dogbones that I have attached to our hammocks. I made around a dozen dogbones and keep them around because of their general handiness. So in using what I already had made, I used a 17" on the side where her feet usually are and a 24" on the head end. I started with 2 17", but she struggled to reach the head end at that length. The 24" was the longest I had. Next time I have some amsteel leftovers, I might make the head end "helper" a bit longer even. I could always attach another short dogbone to give more length as well. This might help us find that "perfect" length. Not in a large rush to figure out, winter is approaching and temps are dropping quickly here. She's not quite ready for winter hanging just yet...and Mom is a long way from letting her attempt

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF w/doors
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg Phoenix
    She will remember you making that for her for the rest of her life! Excellent job overall. BTW, that stuffsac is one of the best looking i've seen!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123