WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    In the 'Trail Days Sale' announcement email that JRB sent out yesterday, they brought up the JRB Tent as 'coming soon' to the website.

Pan, can you chime in and give us any more information? A possible release timeframe? Any updated product details?

I know that a lot of people have been curious about this product for a long time, so it would be nice to have an update.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Bump.
    ???

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Hammaka HALO SE
    Tarp
    JRB 11X10
    Insulation
    My Poncho Pod
    This thread was started long before I became a member here...and I have to say that if JRB do make this a reality...I'm in!
    Alex Williams
    Acts 10:13 "Arise Peter, Kill and Eat."
    Job 14:15 "Call upon Me and I shall answer you."
    Williams Custom Calls

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alex30808 View Post
    This thread was started long before I became a member here...and I have to say that if JRB do make this a reality...I'm in!
    It IS a reality... they are coming very soon. My question is and has been when? I've heard a few different release dates, but haven't heard any updates lately. For some reason the Jack's are on some sort of radio silence...

kindof makes you go "hmmmm".

I don't think it would be possible to build any more suspense around this one product.

- Mark Twain
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images

Eeny, Meeny, Chili Beanie, the Spirits are about to Speak

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    It IS a reality... they are coming very soon. My question is and has been when? I've heard a few different release dates, but haven't heard any updates lately. For some reason the Jack's are on some sort of radio silence...

I don't think it would be possible to build any more suspense around this one product.
    based on no knowledge of nuthin'. Except conversations with small gear sellers (including Pan) on relationships with the companies they hire to build their stuff : Difficulties abound in getting the prototypes right, in getting some kind of priority attention, following engineering diagrams, finding unexpected difficulties in the manufacturing process, etc., etc.

but who knows, maybe JRB is planning on pulling a rabbit out of their hat for Trail Days.

Grizz

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    All completely understandable.

I guess they've been burned too often by giving a date that then passes without anything happening.

The fact that it's now out in their public sales emails is what has brought about the new interest to this topic. Therefore, thereupon (and thusly) I would think any queries about the new product would be expected and anticipated.

- Mark Twain
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post

NCP, HC4U, et al,

Dang..... now I have to move NCP back to the bottom of the list again.....hmmmmm..... hmmmm.

And, I was sure that he was on last weeks email with an update note....

Soooo, I guess that it is a good thing the "soon to arrive" Trial Run Number 3 is expected to ship tonight via over night service....Ya'll say a prayer..... "Hopin the creek don't rise"... agin....

If anyone on the list is comin to TD and wants us to bring theirs.... send a PM....Otherwise we will ship them before we depart for Damascus....

Now to find another rabbit or two for next week to make good on Grizz's prophesy......

For all those wondering what this is all about, come to Trail Days or watch for the New Web page on the JRB Hammock Hut, in the days after we return from TD.

Pan

PS...FWIW, The JRB TD sale, which is again open to the web for our customers too far from damascus, has begun.... Those remembering Last years early sell out of popular models like the No Sniveller and Stealth will be pleased to know that 2008 inventory is much higher.... However, ordering early is a smart bet.

Now back to the rabbit hunt.
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Thanks for the update Pan! MUCH appreciated.

Top, bottom, at least I'm on the list somewhere...

Good luck with your prep for TD. Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff.

- Mark Twain
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Thanks for the update Pan. I was really hoping to get my tarp before the RRG hang out (May 23-25) and it looks like it may happen if they ship out before trail days. I also have the 11x10 tarp coming with my Hammock Hut so I am doubly excited.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Pan says "order early...". I received my TD discounted items in the mail yesterday. Was that early enough?

Still waiting for the tri-glides with straps Pan was talking about recently so I ordered some tri-glides by themselves. Will use other straps and think about JRB's straps with tri-glides when they come out.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast