Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I've finally got an under quilt and I'm able to sleep comfortably all night. With a pad my shoulders were always cold.

Anyway, I'm currently sleeping in the house, 3rd night in a row and its feeling great. I'm using my sleeping bag and it works perfect. I actually like the fact that it has a hood and I can pull that up under my head like a pillow or enclose myself more if desired. My zipper is smooth plastic, there is no way it would tear the hammock.

I see no reason to buy a quilt if you already have a sleeping bag you like. I don't zip the sleeping bag, I use it mostly like a quilt I suppose.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy S
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 0Burrow/Incubtr
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Great thoughts. In my case I am wondering if my TQ made from a mummy bag with the alteration of removing extra material like I did is preferable to a ready made TQ. I like the hood. Not sure if I want to do without it.

Quote Originally Posted by jes4kix View Post
    Through experience I've noticed over the years that hobbies tend to evolve, settling on the best bang for the buck($$). I've ridden motorcycles since the early 70's. When I got my first motorcycle I rode with what I had. 40 years later, I get what I need and don't make due. Why? because I'm dedicated to my hobby. I've found if I get what I need up front, it ends up costing me less in the long run.

Now that being said, if I'm not all in, I'll futz with all kinds of things trying to make them work. Once I decide to go all in, it's a no brainer, I quit making due.

There's no doubt a mummy bag partially zipped will do the job, go for it, enjoy it. Decide whether hammock camping is for you, when you do, you'll know whether or not pulling the trigger on a TQ is for you.

Kix

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456