Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    litetrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Hammock
    DIY - Single Layer and Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    338

    Hex tarp needed - who has fast availability?

    I love my hennessy hex tarp but its too heavy and about a foot too long (12 ft ridgeline). Does anyone know a silnylon hex tarp of 11 ft ridgeline than I could order tomorrow (or soon) and get in about a week or so? Target weight is under a pound or thereabouts.

    I've been checking the cottage vendors tonight but those that post expected delivery times that I checked all will take too long. Wilderness Logics big daddy tarp is pretty close to what I want but they dont post expected delivery times.

  2. #2
    dirtwheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern South Carolina
    Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Posts
    1,618
    Images
    10
    Check with Paul & Missy at UGQ, I have a hangar 12 and love it, the Winter Dream has doors or have one custome made. Silpoly is also available, great workmanship.

    Tarp.jpg
    WP_002825.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by litetrek View Post
    I love my hennessy hex tarp but its too heavy and about a foot too long (12 ft ridgeline). Does anyone know a silnylon hex tarp of 11 ft ridgeline than I could order tomorrow (or soon) and get in about a week or so? Target weight is under a pound or thereabouts.

    I've been checking the cottage vendors tonight but those that post expected delivery times that I checked all will take too long. Wilderness Logics big daddy tarp is pretty close to what I want but they dont post expected delivery times.
    Give me more darkness said the blind man,
    Give me more folly said the fool,
    Give me stone silence said the deaf man,
    I didn't believe Sunday School.
    Phil Keaggy

  3. #3
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reinholds, PA
    Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    7,638
    Images
    200
    Wilderness logics has always been able to get me a tarp out in a day. There are other great tarp manufacturers here but wilderness logics is always the fastest and they ave the best value.

    Dutch
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

    www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

  4. #4
    litetrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Hammock
    DIY - Single Layer and Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwheels View Post
    Check with Paul & Missy at UGQ, I have a hangar 12 and love it, the Winter Dream has doors or have one custome made. Silpoly is also available, great workmanship.

    Tarp.jpg
    WP_002825.jpg
    I think you missed the point. I need it for a trip in about 10 days. I ordered a quilt from them and got it a little early but it was nearly a month waiting time.

  5. #5
    Uphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Washington DC
    Hammock
    Hammeck Envy
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Foyle 3/4
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    Posts
    548
    Dutchware also has a stock of the WL Tadpole. It's a very popular tarp that is light weight at only 11.5oz for the 11ft version. It is also very versatile, with optional add on doors to turn it from a 3 season tarp to a 4 season tarp. This was my first tarp, and I used it in some heavy snows, and rains, as well as warmer summer conditions.

    Dutchware is also known for quick shipping times. He keeps stock of his products, so they are ready to go when you click the pay now button.

  6. #6
    raggydoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SW Mi.
    Hammock
    Envy-S, Netty, WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Posts
    137
    I'd contact Jared at Simply Light Designs, he's had a very fast turnaround time when I've purchased from him.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    SE Texas
    Hammock
    12' SLD TL
    Tarp
    12' SLD TH
    Insulation
    HG Inc 20/Bur 40
    Suspension
    Buckles 'n Straps
    Posts
    28
    I've ordered a couple times from Jared at SLD...fast should be his middle name. Usually 1 day +actual ship time.

  8. #8
    litetrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Hammock
    DIY - Single Layer and Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Uphill View Post
    Dutchware also has a stock of the WL Tadpole. It's a very popular tarp that is light weight at only 11.5oz for the 11ft version. It is also very versatile, with optional add on doors to turn it from a 3 season tarp to a 4 season tarp. This was my first tarp, and I used it in some heavy snows, and rains, as well as warmer summer conditions.

    Dutchware is also known for quick shipping times. He keeps stock of his products, so they are ready to go when you click the pay now button.

    I've bought from Dutch before and you're right, he's fast. Tadpole is a little under 8 feet wide and my Hennessey hex is a little over 9 (maybe 9.5) if I remember right. The tadpole doesn't seem wide enough for me since I like sitting up under the tarp in porch mode. That doesnt mean I'm right it just means that cutting a foot off of both sides of what I'm used to and like doesn't seem like it would appeal to me to save about 2 ounces as compared to the big daddy. The Hennessey I have is about a foot too long and very heavy since its urethane coated polyester instead of silnylon.

  9. #9
    pinballwizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Yardley, Pa
    Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Uphill View Post
    Dutchware also has a stock of the WL Tadpole. It's a very popular tarp that is light weight at only 11.5oz for the 11ft version. It is also very versatile, with optional add on doors to turn it from a 3 season tarp to a 4 season tarp. This was my first tarp, and I used it in some heavy snows, and rains, as well as warmer summer conditions.

    Dutchware is also known for quick shipping times. He keeps stock of his products, so they are ready to go when you click the pay now button.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    I've ordered a couple times from Jared at SLD...fast should be his middle name. Usually 1 day +actual ship time.
    +1 on the speeds of these vendors. How quick they responded with order confirmation and shipping was almost scary
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

  10. #10
    somniferous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Malden, MA
    Hammock
    Dutch Argon 11'
    Tarp
    Tadpole/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ / UDQ TQ
    Suspension
    Strap Anchor
    Posts
    199
    +1 on wilderness logics. If I remember correctly, they had my tarp to me in about 3 days and it had added options. The tadpole is a grate little tarp.

Similar Threads

  1. 7d availability?
    By the_gr8t_waldo in forum Fabrics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 13:44
  2. Fast up and fast pack of Clark standard w. integrated fly /tarp
    By DemostiX in forum Clark Jungle Hammocks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 17:41
  3. BMBH availability
    By RAW in forum Jacks-R-Better
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 14:13
  4. Fast Setup and Teardown Tarp
    By Mule in forum Weather Protection
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 09:40
  5. OES - Availability?
    By eric_plano in forum Weather Protection
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 23:25

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •