Thread: I'm just saying

Images

I'm just saying

Sometimes I suddenly remember some of the unique positive things about the JRB Bridge, capabilities I don't always use. Then I thought I better put the self timer to work! If a base camp is set up for a day or more, I find myself likely to use the lounging capabilities of this hammock more than with just about any other. The normal chair/lounge function- that is just sitting in the hammock and leaning back- is probably equal to or better than any other hammock I have tried. It's main advantage is that the stiff upper edges of the hammock make an excellent back support, so that I can lean back without going all the way back. And there is never any thing bothering me around my head or neck. Down side: those same stiff edges may put more pressure under my legs than many other hammocks, so I might have to put a pillow or pad under there, especially if I am too high for my feet to be on the ground. But in this "normal" chair/lounge mode, this is as comfortable as any and better than most. Great back support is the strong point.

Next is a BMBH ability I have shown before, but I thought it best for a reminder. Entering head end of JRB BMBH for a unique lounging mode:

Easily pull my feet up and then: This is a super comfortable lounging/reading position. I am not leaning on the spreader bars, but into the corner of the hammock. This is about as comfortable as my living room recliner:

There is no pressure under the legs, they can be positioned in a variety of ways and I still have great back support, probably the best to be had.

I hope this is not too much stress on the fabric, it doesn't seem to be. This is a great way to relax compared to propping on a rock.

This hammock has a whole bunch of advantages.
    Apparently, signature that I used from 2006 no longer tolerated so now deleted.

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    BB, thanks for the info and especially the photos! I personally haven't seen many photos of the JRB Bridge in use. It sure looks like your hammock has a lot of nice qualities, some of which I had never even considered before.

Thanks again!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I think the BMB is one of the best hammocks out there. It is light and insulation is a lot less complex to deal with.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I always thought you'd have a bigger bicycle.
    Nice example of Bridge flexibility. I'm hoping for one for Xmas this year.
    Trust nobody!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I always thought you'd have a bigger bicycle.
    Nice example of Bridge flexibility. I'm hoping for one for Xmas this year.
    I did have a bigger bike, but they took it away from me when I hurt myself too often. Now they are threatening to do the same with my hammocks, for my own good. I hate "they"! "They" take everything dangerous away from me!
    Apparently, signature that I used from 2006 no longer tolerated so now deleted.