AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by cavscout View Post
    Hey! Is the New River available in MarPat?
    Unfortunately no, I have a very limited amount of fabric and the width is not quite adequate enough to fit the New Rivers footprint. Sorry.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Of corse if I can find a new source for MARPAT 1.1 then that all changes. And I will happily offer any and all gear in as many patterns and colors as I can. I have one place actively searching for it for me, but as the current mayor campaigns are in desert environments, that is the main pattern being made, at least that is one of my suppliers reasoning. The supplier that I have been getting it from is not been helpful or timely with my orders. My last order for 18 yards took 3 weeks to get to me and only after I called and called and emailed and called again to see what the delay in shipping the order was, they said O yah, UUUH we will get that out today, then after more calls to get the tracking number they said O uuhh yah we will get that out today. This went on for several days before they finally shipped the order.

So I am looking for more, and hope to get it more broadly available for AHE gear.

If any body knows of a good source let me know.
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    SB Pro / SlingRings
    Tarp
    10x10 w/ Fig. 9's
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    1" PloyPro Straps
    No worrys! I'm expecting a New River under the tree this year and wanted to include that little detail in my letter to Santa if it was an currently available

I've played that shipping game with my suppliers in the UK. It sucks when they appear to be going out of their way to keep you from buying from them. I showed them though, I really did stop buying from them I'm small potatoes to them, but it made me feel better

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Most of my suppliers have been great to work with, many of them going way above and beyond to get what I want (even if they normally don't have it) to me as quick as possible. but this one place has been a headache, both of my orders to them sat to the point of me having to get in touch and demand to know what the hold up was before they went ahead and shipped the order. I actually told them that if it was not in the mail I wanted a refund, they shipped it out that day, then emailed me saying, O it shipped but if you want a refund just ship it back and we could do it then.

I really want to keep offering MARPAT, it has been the most popular option on my gear, but I won't be ordering from them again. I have had some luck getting some camo's from other places, I do have the grey universal digital camo (I have heard it referred to as the army digital) in stock right now and will be adding it as an option on many products soon.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I can only hope these are still available next Spring...

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by LyttleBryan View Post
    I can only hope these are still available next Spring...
    The quilt will be for sure, it will be a standard item, but right now I think we have enough MARPAT for maybe 5-6 quilts, after that if I can't get a new source the MARPAT LR will be a collectors item.

Hammock
    In a SkeeterBeaterPro...for now
    I know these are new to production, but has anyone given thought to using a "Lost River" and a "New River" UQ together for winter insulation. Tis the season and inquiring minds are interested since there are no synthetic winter quilt options that I've been able to find. Until I saw this I had been thinking about making my own 2/3 length synthetic UQ and using it in a similar fashion with the "New River" or other full length 3 season UQ.
    A free canoe is better than no canoe.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Sounds like a great plan to me

Really I think the two would compliment each other fairly well, throw the LR inside of the NR. Depending on your height the NR can really chinch in at the ends and raps the hammock up nice and snug. How low can you go? Would love to have it tested.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by salmonofdoubt View Post
    I know these are new to production, but has anyone given thought to using a "Lost River" and a "New River" UQ together for winter insulation. Tis the season and inquiring minds are interested since there are no synthetic winter quilt options that I've been able to find. Until I saw this I had been thinking about making my own 2/3 length synthetic UQ and using it in a similar fashion with the "New River" or other full length 3 season UQ.
    That would be quite a bit of bulk. I'm thinking a New River combined with an SPE and a thermarest would/should be the non-down way to go. I think that Lost River may just be THE first UQ one should consider. Looks like lots of functionality, light weight and a great value to me.

Hammock
    In a SkeeterBeaterPro...for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    I think that Lost River may just be THE first UQ one should consider. Looks like lots of functionality, light weight and a great value to me.
    This is most likely what I'll end up doing. As for packability, I'm not a backpacker (yet) and anything would be an improvement over my current DIY Coleman bag UQ which packed down is still the size of a 5-gallon bucket.

This is definitely going on my Christmas list.
    A free canoe is better than no canoe.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast