Dutch Hex 1.0 11' foot
    Tarp
    Purple Xenon DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Hab
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle

Hello from Starkville, MS

I have posted a couple of posts, but haven't yet introduced myself. So, I thought while I am laying in my hammock on a beautiful November Mississippi day that now would be as good a time as any.
    My name is Brent Fountain, originally from Natchez, MS. Grew up in BSA and have always loved the outdoors. I don't hunt or fish but love camping and hiking. Still involved in Scouting as a leader with my son and another one old enough to start next year. Have always been into gear and more gear. Got into hanging a couple of years ago and if I had my way, would never sleep in a tent on the ground again. I enjoy learning from and reading other people's experiences, recommendations, and results and I am now finding new ways gear to acquire. Look forward to meeting you and hopefully getting to go on a group hang from time to time. -Brent
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Welcome, from Nashville, TN. Had a college buddy from Startville. Good guy.
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hello from Brandon, Ms. I noticed you said you were from Natchez. I am thinking of going on a trip to clear springs. Are you familiar with that area since you are from there. They have mountain bike trails and I would prob hit them and camp out over night. I would like any info if you have any.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Lite Owl 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Thermarest neo air
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Welcome from the Western NC mountains. I am originally from Baton Rouge. Big LSU fan and I was recently in Starkvegas for the Moo State game. Hope you stick around! Lots to be learned here.

Hammock
    Dutch Hex 1.0 11' foot
    Tarp
    Purple Xenon DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Hab
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Thanks Rain Man. I love Nashville. Been to many concerts there.

Hammock
    Dutch Hex 1.0 11' foot
    Tarp
    Purple Xenon DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Hab
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    EagleiJC, yes I am from Natchez and camped Clear Springs many years ago as a scout. It has changed a lot in the last 20 years I am sure. But there were and probably still is many places to camp. Let me know how it goes. I might do the same when I go back that way.

Hammock
    Dutch Hex 1.0 11' foot
    Tarp
    Purple Xenon DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Hab
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Thanks SHOTGUNWILLIE225. My wife is from Lafayette and an LSU grad now working among the Bulldogs. Hope you were treated well in Starkvegas, if not at least you were on the right side of the scoreboard. See Les is staying, I think he is a good coach and I would have hated to part with $17 million to see him move on. Thanks for the welcome and I plan on learning a lot.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Lite Owl 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Thermarest neo air
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    The Les situation is a tough one. I am a graduate as well and it is always a good trip to Starkville. People there love their Bulldogs. And cow bells!

Hammock
    DIY 12' GE Tablecloth
    Tarp
    DIY 10x12 Silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleiJC View Post
    Hello from Brandon, Ms. I noticed you said you were from Natchez. I am thinking of going on a trip to clear springs. Are you familiar with that area since you are from there. They have mountain bike trails and I would prob hit them and camp out over night. I would like any info if you have any.
    Man, you guys just missed the 2nd Annual MS Hammock Associations Group Hang (SAMSHAGH) at Clear Springs on November 13, 14 & 15. We would have loved for y'all to have been there. Great place with a hoot of a Camp Hostess named Miss Virginia. Great hiking and biking trails run all through the area. Fishing in the lake, grills and fire rings. Well maintained and very clean. Showers, water, swings and only $7.00 per night for the Primitive camping area.

Watch the Outings Board for hangs near you.

SouthernExposure

Hammock
    Dutch Hex 1.0 11' foot
    Tarp
    Purple Xenon DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Hab
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    SouthernExposure, I noticed that a weekend too late. Will definitely be on the look out for the 3rd annual. Sounds like a blast and really bummed, I missed this one.

• + New Posts