Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    RevTQ/IncubatorUQ
    Suspension
    Huggers/Buckles

Ridgeline and Dutch Bling

I have a new ridge line set up that I finished tonight with some Dutch bling added. After watching some Youtube to see a variety of set ups and read many posts here, I chose a continuous line from 35' of red ZingIt with a Dutch hook on one end and a Dutch Wasp on the other. I watched PACampingDad's video on the locked brummel and "Preparing a tarp for hammocks with Dutchware". I also watched "How to Rig a Tarp with Dutch Bling" by Backpacking Adventures. I now think I have a pretty useful setup and I cannot wait to try it out. I also spliced in some MSR Ground Hog Stakes for my tarp onto about 6' of ZingIt. I will then put the Dutch fleaz on shock cord onto my Kelty Noah12. First attempt and thought I would share tonight's accomplishments. I want to thank those guys for great ideas!

Now to decide how I want to connect my tarp on the line... Tata Tarp Connectors from Dutch or Prusik with 550 cord and NiteIze #1 beaners.

Thoughts???
    Attached Images Attached Images

I use soft shackle prusik to my ridgeline and direct to my tarp. Hasn't failed me yet.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    LLG Habanero UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I would be suprised if you can get 550 cord to grip zing-it... Just catch another video and make some soft shackles, like duckyy mentioned, out of some more zing-it... No more headwear required that way either...

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TeachAO View Post

Now to decide how I want to connect my tarp on the line... Tata Tarp Connectors from Dutch or Prusik with 550 cord and NiteIze #1 beaners.

Thoughts???
    I'm not sure I understand. Why not use one continuous loop for the Dutch hook on one end and attach the wasp to a continuous loop on the other. Then you don't need prussiks or soft shackles... that's how I do it. Super easy, tight and secure...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    RevTQ/IncubatorUQ
    Suspension
    Huggers/Buckles
    Soft Shackles it sounds like ... I wasn't even thinking about the 550 not catching against the ZingIt. Thanks guys... that's why I ask!

Quote Originally Posted by TeachAO View Post
    Soft Shackles it sounds like ... I wasn't even thinking about the 550 not catching against the ZingIt. Thanks guys... that's why I ask!
    I also think that 550 has a tendency to sag when it gets wet. It'll ruin the pitch on your tarp If it rains.

The general rule is that you should prusik with chord that is equal or smaller diameter to what you're attaching to

Hammock
    DIY 11.5' gathered end
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly,Kelty16
    Insulation
    0* Lewis
    Suspension
    DIY 7/64 WS
    Images
    The 550 will not work because it is larger diameter than the zingit. The Prusik needs to be the same or smaller to work properly

The way I did what you are doing is I made two small continuous loops from zingit, larks headed them on the D rings of my tarp, then I connect the dutch hooks and the flys to the loops. If done right this makes the ridge line into a figure eight and allows me to move the whole tarp back and forth over my hammock. It takes a bit more zingit but gives me serious flexibility. And the few times I needed more length because I was stretching my hang. I just used some spare rope to extend the loop connection. This last can be done with anything, 550 zingit, 7/64 amsteel, bank cord, whatever you carry.

One down side I had this summer was in Germany I hung between two insanely sappy pines and a fair chunk of my ridge line and my tree huggers of course were coated. I just rolled them in sand and fine dust in my driveway until it clumped and I was able to get most of it off.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    RevTQ/IncubatorUQ
    Suspension
    Huggers/Buckles
    Fanboy do you have a picture of your set up? I can't quite visualize it with the flys and dutch hooks.

Rubbing alcohol will take the pitch right off.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Check out this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hLupiOygs0s

This is basically what we are talking about. Instead of attaching flyz to the tarp, you can put a Fleaz on the continuous loop and larkshead it to the one end of the tarp.

What's missing in the video is that you can still freely slide your tarp left or right after securing it on the Fleaz (if you do that a couple of thousand times the dyneema will probably saw off the tree though I think... lol)

• + New Posts