Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    Quote Originally Posted by wjumoose View Post
    Being new to hammocks I think using my gear is important. While I may not be looking to sleep outside all the time, I do think its a good idea to get used to sleeping in a hammock. Practicing setting up and tearing down. My thought is the more I use it, the more I learn, and the more I learn the more comfortable I am with what I am doing. Beyond that, testing gear in different weather situations, while having a clear escape is a must for me. As I do a lot of solo hiking, knowing what I and my gear can handle is valuable.
    EXACTLY.....call it full time backyard testing, knowing if you screw up your just x feet away from the comfort of house.
    Personally I have learned a ton and have developed my ways/tools/gear to manage Mother Nature and her elements. The learning never ends and hanging inside just seems too ...easy....
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

Hammock
    Clark
    I bring it in when ever possible. If I am hiking back to the truck for an over night I bring my gear. Dry gear goes a long way on an extended trip.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft wide
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Hammeck Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    This is a really good thread. I also walk about 5 minutes and I'm were I hang. My goal is to hang out a least one night every weekend. I really want to feel confident in my gear before I head out to the hills. At the most I leave my stuff hanging about two days and then bring it into the cellar. Set up the hammock and quilts to dry out. For a winter tarp I'm using a Kelty 12 with and Eno double nest. Love that combo. Looking at ordering a 11 footer from Dutch and hoping the Kelty will cover it. I do enjoy setting up and taking down is easy. Just got some shock corded fleaz and a continuous ridge line for the tarp from Dutch. A little learning curve there but speeded up my setup time. Important if it ever gets cold here in Vermont.
    Take care,
    Al

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    LLG Habanero UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I know the gear is expensive and there are risks with using it every day but I say use it! Just make sure you are able to keep the tarp and hammock out of the direct sun light during the days and that you get the gear clean and dried regularly and you will be good.
    I think not using it would be like having a muscle car in your garage and never driving it... Just makes it a useless, expensive, car!

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Looks like a superfly is good to go outside for almost two years straight.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/....php?p=1557611
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Solohammock View Post
    I know the gear is expensive and there are risks with using it every day but I say use it! Just make sure you are able to keep the tarp and hammock out of the direct sun light during the days and that you get the gear clean and dried regularly and you will be good.
    I think not using it would be like having a muscle car in your garage and never driving it... Just makes it a useless, expensive, car!
    But when am I going to use all my other hammocks and tarps??

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123