HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images

Where/How do you store your hardware?

Not sure where best to post this...

Curious how you gather your gear for storage. Specifically, lines, straps & stakes.

My tarp is in a stuff sack converted to a Bishop Bag. Four main tie-outs stay attached to the d-rings and the CRL gets stuffed in the bag.. last in, first out. I use four MSR Groundhogs and have two extra mini-groundhogs just in case.

Hammock is stuffed in its own Bishop Bag. Straps, whoopies and toggles go in a separate bag in case they are wet and two mini-groundhogs for the side pull-outs go with the suspension.

I am curious how you all carry your tarp stakes. I don't want to stuff them in the tarp bag since they are always caked with dirt and they kill the ability to compress the tarp into my pack. But I want them readily handy in the event I choose to leave the hammock/suspension and take only the tarp.

I'd love to know how you all pack your kit..

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Guylines and CRL stay attached to tarp and go in a cf stuff sack. Hammock and suspension go in a stuff sack, while tarp stakes get their own little stuff sack.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    This is my method. Stakes go in a seperate diddy bag. Guy lines stay attached to tarp. Tarp stowes inside snakeskin's along with CRL and goes into a stuff sack, along with stakes. It all comes out in reverse. This stuffsack stays in an outside pocket of a backpack, or at the top of my dry bag while on a river. Also while on a river, my UQ and TQ remain on/in my hammock and everything gets stuffed as one unit feet first, into a small dry bag. Then that goes into my large HD dry bag. This gives the hammock and bedding a double layer of dry protection.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We are now ready to start our way down the Great Unknown.We are three quarters of a mile in the depth of the earth.We have an unknown distance yet to run, an unknow river yet to explore.What falls there are, we know not; what rocks beset the channel, we know not; what walls rise over the river, we know not. Ah, well! We may conjecture many things. The men talk as cheerfully as ever; jests are bandied about freely this morning; but to me the cheer is somber and the jests are ghastly. Powell 1869

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    All good ideas.. thanks.

I want to keep the suspension in a separate bag rather than stuffing it in the hammock bag, just in case it is wet.

I've been pondering snake skins plus a stuff sack, which would keep things clean. But I still need a good way to organize the stakes, keeping tarp stakes separate from ham stakes.. heehee.. ham.. hammock.. ham stakes. Hope I am not the only one who thinks that's funny.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    My stakes go in a Tarp Stake Bag of course.

Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Custom silnylon
    Insulation
    Down UQ, d.i.y TQ
    Suspension
    LoopAlien
    Stakes in a stake bag and then bag in the same pocket/pouch as the tarp.....simples

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    all lines stay attached to hammock and to tarp, stakes go in a dyi sack with hair bungee ties around it. tarp goes into mesh snake skins with all tie out lines 8ed up and half hitched for quick deployment. My WBB XLC is stored in a HG cuben sleeve and the suspension is wrapped around it when it is rolled up like a snail shell, and my HG Pillow fits inside it so thats where is store it.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    LLG Habanero UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I use a CRL with soft shackles, so it's separate from my tarp when I pull the tarp down. All my stakes and guy lines go into a small diddy bag... I do separate my ridgeline, front guy lines and rear guy lines into their own small snack Ziplocs to keep them from all becoming a tangled mess and to make it easier to find what I need when I'm in a hurry. As long as you've got a knife with you then don't worry about the 2 spare stakes... On the rare occasion you might need 1 you can just use a wood stake...

Hammock
    DIY 11.5 ft
    Tarp
    DIY xenon sil 5300
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    A few months back the following thread was started by headchange4u https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ght=snake+skin

He added storage pouches on the end of his snake skins. This may give you some ideas to think about.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Suspensions of all types are getting smaller and lighter. A possibility is bag tarp or hammock in a bag and bag suspension in a small bag and have them still be attached. My suspension is no knots no hardware and all of both suspensions stays intact with tarp in same tarp bag. Hammock is packed in separate bag with no suspensions.
    Some ultralight suspensions are so compact that if damp or dirty can stay attached to hammock BUT hang out of bag and be stuffed into a spare sock!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast