diy multicam+5 others
    Tarp
    warbonnet edge
    Insulation
    downny
    Suspension
    stuff and things
    Quote Originally Posted by whytrabbit View Post
    I ordered it with my XLC, it has sat in the box since its arrival..but I'm going to get out this winter and I'm sure it will be worth the cost. Besides, you have to get it at the time of purchase, seems like a no brainier. Better to have it and not need it, then need it and can't have it.
    ^^ good thought here. I would get it

Hanging Em High lolll no, read again that's not what I said, I said that I already own a "DD Hammock" and this hammock have this feature, sleeping between the 2 layers "coccoon-like sleeping".

On the Warbonnet I know that the 2 layers are made for a pad, what I said is, I think that the feeling to sleep with the Warbonnet winter cover is probably the same as sleeping in my DD Hammock between the 2 layers... look at this page and read the features you will see what I meant
    http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/camping-hammock
    Last edited by noldhor; 12-30-2015 at 01:15.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noldhor View Post
    Hanging Em High lolll no, read again that's not what I said, I said that I already own a "DD Hammock" and this hammock have this feature, sleeping between the 2 layers "coccoon-like sleeping".

On the Warbonnet I know that the 2 layers are made for a pad, what I said is, I think that the feeling to sleep with the Warbonnet winter cover is probably the same as sleeping in my DD Hammock between the 2 layers... look at this page and read the features you will see what I meant
    http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/camping-hammock
    No , the feeling would not be quite the same as the top cover on the warbonnet goes over the top of the ridgeline and does not touch you when inside the hammock.

I will follow Whytrabbit' s advice and get thé cover and I will try to vent it. Maybe that leaving it unzip à little it could work...

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    I went back and forth on this when I bought my XLC. I purchased it and have yet to use it in the woods to be honest. While it does hold in heat to the tune of about 10°...It KILLS any view/airflow. Big negative for me personally. I have thought about selling it but just cant bring myself to yet as I plan on doing more winter camping.
    Yeah I could never do it. Plus breathing in such a small area...wow. Condensation city! A small 1-2 person tent was bad enough, let alone a hammock! I'd take 10° cooler and dry any day.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel
    I agree with you markr6, it would be a very small breathing space. Also I was thinking, I have the regular Blackbird, and I really like the Warbonnet sock to protect me and my underquilt from dew, and blowing mist, or even slowing down a wind. If I bought the top cover, I would still buy an underquilt protector. I suppose I would just get the sock, though I kayak camp and I am not as careful with extra weight.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG / EE
    I loooove the XLC top cover. I just sold my 1.1 DL which had it. Bought the replacement, a 1.7 SL, and ordered the top cover again. While it does increase the temperature (10* a guess), the bigger benefit is how it cuts the wind. Also, it allows you to breathe in air that is already warmer and more humid than the ambient temp, which is better for your lungs in the cold, dry winter. Yes, condensation is bound to happen but keeping it unzipped a foot or two reduces the amount. I use an underquilt protector too. You would think a sock would be better since it is a top cover and underquilt protector in one; however, the top cover is much less fussy than getting in an out of a sock. Also, the top cover will keep a pillow and/or top quilt in your hammock as opposed to falling out and at the bottom of the sock. If you live in an area that doesn't get too cold or you just don't go out when it's cold, you can probably skip it. I am extremely happy with it.
    Last edited by Al Icks; 01-05-2016 at 15:39. Reason: typo

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12