Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I finally ran across a couple of extra buckles I had and I decided to give the cinch buckles another try. My original setup was like this, using webbing with the buckles and then a biner to connect it to the hammock like this.

I am also experimenting with a permantly attached adjustable under quilt suspension system and I am wanting to eliminate the webbing portion of the cinch buckle setup and just take the 7/64 Spectra cord directly from the hammock to the cinch buckle. I will still be using webbing from the buckle to the tree.

My question is what would be the best knot to tie directly to the cinch buckle without using the webbing that Jeff uses in his directions. I think I'm gonna need a knot that will help to keep the buckle centered on the rope and keep it from slipping off the the side, possibly misaligning the webbing that goes from the buckle to the tree.

Any suggestions?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    My question is what would be the best knot to tie directly to the cinch buckle without using the webbing that Jeff uses in his directions. I think I'm gonna need a knot that will help to keep the buckle centered on the rope and keep it from slipping off the the side, possibly misaligning the webbing that goes from the buckle to the tree.

Any suggestions?
    prussik wrapped the full width of the buckle angrysparrow has a pic in his gallery (EDIT: here you go)
    Last edited by schrochem; 09-26-2007 at 19:51.
    Scott

"Man is a stream whose source is hidden."
    RWE

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by schrochem View Post
    prussik wrapped the full width of the buckle angrysparrow has a pic in his gallery (EDIT: here you go)
    yep, that's how i did mine. a longer loop on the other end of that cord allows for a larks head to hold the hammock.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    So you start with basically a big loop then prussik on the cinch buckle end and form the other end forms a larks head for the attaching yo the hammock? Does that mean you have a doubled piece of cord running between the buckle and the hammock?

This may work but I'm looking to have a single line running between the buckle and the hammock for the under quilt suspension I will be testing. I guess I could just put a big loop on one end for the prussik attachment, coming out to a single line, then into a standard lark's head for the hammock.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    So you start with basically a big loop then prussik on the cinch buckle end and form the other end forms a larks head for the attaching yo the hammock? Does that mean you have a doubled piece of cord running between the buckle and the hammock?

This may work but I'm looking to have a single line running between the buckle and the hammock for the under quilt suspension I will be testing. I guess I could just put a big loop on one end for the prussik attachment, coming out to a single line, then into a standard lark's head for the hammock.
    I used double line on mine simply because I was using a smaller diameter line and wanted the doubled-up width. If you want to use a single line, there is a good method shown in BlackBishop's gallery step by step.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    I used double line on mine simply because I was using a smaller diameter line and wanted the doubled-up width. If you want to use a single line, there is a good method shown in BlackBishop's gallery step by step.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    Thanks angrysparrow. That's exactly what I was looking for.

www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    I like that and may have to change mine. I wrapped my spectra thru the buckle about 5-6 times and then tied a bowline in the line going back to the hammock. It holds with no problem but could have a tendency to slide off center.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yep - I don't use the short webbing any more on the ring buckles or the cinch buckles...just haven't updated the website yet.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Yep - I don't use the short webbing any more on the ring buckles or the cinch buckles...just haven't updated the website yet.
    Thanks for introducing the cinch buckles. They rock.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Town's End Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    **Lurker first post alert**

So, instead of starting a new thread, I thought that I would just ask here:

What would be the best way to attach the buckle to the standard Hennessy like coming off of the Hammock? I am OK with cutting the line, but am unsure about un-tying and re-tying the knot that is actually on the hammock itself, and the line looks like it may be a little thick.

FWIW, I am going to be using strapworks simple-loop seatbelt webbing and the cinch buckles, and would like the buckles to be attached to the hammock with the rope/line instead of webbing.

Thanks in advance.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast