UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrhoads View Post
    Hello there,

Would love to see what you guys recommend for a tarp that is best suited for the military. I am thinking of a bigger tarp that will allow me to hang up my Hennessy Jungle Expedition, and be able to cover it with doors so that I can still have some privacy for changing without having to struggle to change clothes inside the hammock.

Order of priority when it comes to features.

1. Doors
    2. Durability
    3. weight.

Weight would be higher, but I envision this being more stationary where I have all of my gear and not a hasty setup somewhere at night on a patrol.

Thanks in advance!
    DOORS = WINTERDREAM .Our doors actually have high strengh snaps to hold them securely closed. They can also be overlapped like other 4S tarps but the snaps do a super job and allow the tarp to be pitched as wide as possible
    DURABILITY = SILPOLY 1.6 as it will offer the best durability but at a weight penalty of roughly 50%

There would be no cost increase to use SILPOLY 1.6, three colors available at current time. Price would be the same as a WD in SilNylon tarp, contact us at [email protected] to discuss how to order.
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Huggers/Muletape
    I'm a little confused by two parts of your post. First, I don't know why you need privacy to change in the field. Second, there is no hasty setup of a tarp and hammock when it related to a military operation.

If you are patrolling you are ground sleeping with a bivy sack and a poncho as rain cover. A tactical patrol base doesn't include hammocks strung up all over the place. You are also one with nature and your fellow grunts so getting a face full of man is perfectly acceptable.

As a grunt who just left the 101st, I assume you are merely camping. At best you are camping and doing some military operations during the day.

With that said, I recommend Aquaquest tarps. They don't have "privacy" doors but they are durable and very light weight. The 10x13 weighs in at 1.8lbs.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    WLtdpl,diySnowFort
    Insulation
    HG Inc10,DIY TQ 0?
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post

If you are patrolling you are ground sleeping with a bivy sack and a poncho as rain cover. A tactical patrol base doesn't include hammocks strung up all over the place.
    Not to mention, silnylon, other coated fabrics, and some of the materials webbing etc. are made out of glow like the frickn' Beacon of Gondor when observed through any of the later gen night vision regardless what they look like in the daylight.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12