Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Dream Hammock or Warbonnet ?

Hello ! I'm new in the hammock universe and after a lot of research, there is 2 hammocks that I want to try. By the way I'M 6'2 and 235 pounds.

- The Warbonnet Blackbird XLC double layer 1.1 with winter cover
    - Dream Hammock Dangerbird double layer

The BB XLC double layer 1.1 is 2 pounds and with the winter cover is 2,38 pounds
    Width 63 inchs
    Lenght 11 foots
    Weight capacity 275 pounds

The Dangerbird I want is double layer 1.6 and 1.1 and the weight is 2,3 pounds but I don't know if its including the top cover or not...
    Width 58
    Lenght 11 foots
    Weight capacity 300 pounds

The price are almost the same...
    I can't try them so I would like to get some thoughts about those hammocks, wich one would you chose and why?

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Both are great hammocks. This question is subjective and you will only hear positives for both. What may tip it for me would be UGQ UQ's are a custom fit for the Dream Hammocks.

Try to get to a group hang and try them out.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I will second the hang. If at all possible get to a local hang or start one. Comfort is completely subjective. Also try and thing of the other items you will be purchasing like fl said. You can make just about anything work, but it helps to have stuff work without effort.

Sometimes it comes down to silly things like color selection or a little detail you like better. When people would ask me for an opinion on a tv I would always say for them to go look at it, and then look at the remote. The remote would be the part you use the most. With hammocks once your in it an settled it may be equal. But if you like a pocket placement or stuff sack or even a zipper pull. With being in Canada I would also see shipping charges and wait times. Good luck

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    Both are great hammocks. This question is subjective and you will only hear positives for both. .
    ^Very true.
    For me personally, I love my Dream Hammock and the complete customization of every single detail that I was able to specify. The complete customization of the hammock was what swayed me when I encountered this very question.
    I haven't had the pleasure of using any Warbonnet products, though they are greatly recommended by others, so I cannot directly speak with personal experience.

The Smurfs at Dream Hammock are very receptive and helpful in answering any and all questions about their products to potential customers. Their assistance is truly remarkable.
    If you're looking to get a better idea of potential weights of their hammocks, check out their "Recent photos" page and you'll be able to click on a multitude of custom hammock pictures and see all the details and weights. Weights will fluctuate with potential customization options.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Fl Jacket
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I own a WBBB original DL 1.0 and a DH Sparrow DL 1.6, 1.1 with overcover and net and they are both fantastic hammocks. I haven't had a chance to use the DH yet (got it for Christmas) so I can't speak to comfort, but I tend to agree with miyanc in that it comes down to details. Are you in love with the shelf and footbox? Must you absolutely have choice of color? Do you prefer channel sewn or the knobby thing Brandon does, forget what it's called? They're both excellently made imo and i've been very happy with my WBBB, but I chose a Sparrow for my 2nd hammock because the CS is at least equal to that of WB (I've bugged both of them repeatedly) and I just had more choices to customize. A hang sounds like the best option to me, too if at all possible. good luck!

Hammock
    TX-270/Sparrow/DIY
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Straps and buckles
    There is no 'right' answer, only what suites your wants at the time. I went through the same dilemma several months ago and ended up choosing the WBBBXLC because of the footbox and the shelf. I have no regrets and am really happy with my decision. That's not to say I haven't been shopping the Dream Hammock website trying to pick the color combinations I would want...

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I had a Thunderbird, (until it went up in flames Monday) I loved how it hung, it was perfect for me. The quality was top rate and I loved the choices to customize.
    My Warbonnet bridge was top rate, easy in easy out, excellent workmanship.
    I tested a BlackBird and really liked it, mainly because it did not envelope my body. I do not like being swathed in hammock fabric, I want to see out.

My answer to you is to buy both and sell one if you must. Both are great choices, your size will work in either choice. Warbonnet will accept their product back just for the cost of shipping.

Hammock
    Darien Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Dbl Wide Hex
    Insulation
    Inc 0, Burrow 20
    Suspension
    Tree straps, cb
    From what I've experienced and read on the forum, someday you will probably have both...maybe different colors.
    Slider1
    Survival gear...ten White Castle hamburgers and my hammock.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noldhor View Post
    Hello ! I'm new in the hammock universe and after a lot of research, there is 2 hammocks that I want to try. By the way I'M 6'2 and 235 pounds.

- The Warbonnet Blackbird XLC double layer 1.1 with winter cover
    - Dream Hammock Dangerbird double layer

The BB XLC double layer 1.1 is 2 pounds and with the winter cover is 2,38 pounds
    Width 63 inchs
    Lenght 11 foots
    Weight capacity 275 pounds

The Dangerbird I want is double layer 1.6 and 1.1 and the weight is 2,3 pounds but I don't know if its including the top cover or not...
    Width 58
    Lenght 11 foots
    Weight capacity 300 pounds

The price are almost the same...
    I can't try them so I would like to get some thoughts about those hammocks, wich one would you chose and why?
    I own both and both are great hammocks but my Dream hammock is by far the better hammock imo.

I've tried both and found them equally comfortable. As others have said above it comes down to the details and extra features. The XLC has the shelf and foot box. The DB has the customabilty. There is one feature that get overlooked by many but actually sold me on my choice. The XLC has one zipper that goes all the way around. The DB has two zippers, one on each side. I found this easier to make adjustments on the UQ. In the end I love my DB. But I will say you really can't go wrong with either.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast