WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

How does the BB + Yeti avoid compression

I've been eyeing the BB and Yeti for a while. I was watching the videos yesterday and it got me thinking, how does the Yeti avoid compression? Other brands/models of underquilt have the ability to loosen them vertically (think toward the ground). The way the Yeti hangs (which is pretty nice in my opinion) it would seem that there is very little options for maneuvering the Yeti up and down. I, admittedly, have a large bottom and problems with CBS.

thanks!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    The Yeti uses differential baffles so they don't compress no matter how tight you make the suspension.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    The Yeti uses differential baffles so they don't compress no matter how tight you make the suspension.
    I think this post is English.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LyttleBryan View Post
    I've been eyeing the BB and Yeti for a while. I was watching the videos yesterday and it got me thinking, how does the Yeti avoid compression? Other brands/models of underquilt have the ability to loosen them vertically (think toward the ground). The way the Yeti hangs (which is pretty bad *** in my opinion) it would seem that there is very little options for maneuvering the Yeti up and down. I, admittedly, have a large *** and problems with CBS.

thanks!
    It essentially will not compress no matter how tight you adjust it. Simply because the nylon shell layer which is pulled up tight against your back and butt is smaller than the outer layer. If you observed it hanging below a person in the hammock, but with no down installed, you would see this outer layer hanging down below the persons back by ~4". Even though the upper layer is pulled tight against their back. Then enough down is added so that, once fully lofted, it will fill this space, lofting up enough to contact your back. That may be a simplified explanation, but that is it in a nut shell.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    It essentially will not compress no matter how tight you adjust it. Simply because the nylon shell layer which is pulled up tight against your back and butt is smaller than the outer layer. If you observed it hanging below a person in the hammock, but with no down installed, you would see this outer layer hanging down below the persons back by ~4". Even though the upper layer is pulled tight against their back. Then enough down is added to, once fully lofted, fill this space, lofting up enough to contact your back. That may be a simplified explanation, but that is it in a nut shell.
    That is EXACTLY! the kind of explanation I was looking for. Thanks Billybob!

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LyttleBryan View Post
    I think this post is English.
    yeah, Dutch is like that alot. Using words so big we have to find a dickshunary to figur out what hes saying

gRizz

Hammock
    Blackbird DL1.1 / ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WntrYeti/Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Webbing
    Wow that is awesome, I didn't know the Yeti did magic tricks like the BB did! It's a foolproof UQ for us non-foolproof folks.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    WoW....I never new that about the Yeti...that is very helpful for a first time hammocker like me. It saves a lot of guessing in regards to how high or low you should hang your QU (Yeti) to achieve maxiumum loft....WBGUY should def advertise this feature about the yeti on his website.....Do any other UQ (such as Te-Wa or JRB) have the same design or if you tighten those UQ to much they will compress???? This will def factor in my decision on which one I Purchase. Every day I learn something new about another piece of gear that changes my mind on which one I want to buy. Yesterday it was the Te-Wa because it was cheaper and longer then the Yeti....today its the Yeti because of this no compression feature (fool proff for newbies like me).....I love learning about all this stuff thanks Billybob for that great description
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    WoW....I never new that about the Yeti...that is very helpful for a first time hammocker like me. It saves a lot of guessing in regards to how high or low you should hang your QU (Yeti) to achieve maxiumum loft....WBGUY should def advertise this feature about the yeti on his website.....Do any other UQ (such as Te-Wa or JRB) have the same design or if you tighten those UQ to much they will compress???? This will def factor in my decision on which one I Purchase. Every day I learn something new about another piece of gear that changes my mind on which one I want to buy. Yesterday it was the Te-Wa because it was cheaper and longer then the Yeti....today its the Yeti because of this no compression feature (fool proff for newbies like me).....I love learning about all this stuff thanks Billybob for that great description
    JRB Mt Washington series of under quilts uses not only differential design but body contour radial baffles... it also does not compress in use.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Do any other UQ (such as Te-Wa or JRB) have the same design or if you tighten those UQ to much they will compress????
    Both Te-Wa models, as well as the JRB Mt Washington (3 and 4) are dual differential baffled.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast