Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Insulation
    Costco Quilts
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnlogan View Post
    Did he mention how many you need in an order to get said bulk discount?

Like I said, we're in the middle of making 10 hammocks for my troop (4 done). And while I've never done a bugnet (bugs aren't typically a "huge" issue where we are), It may be something that I could ask the boys about. So far most of the boys seem to be liking learning to make stuff, so perhaps we'll end up making additional gear.

And nice work so far .
    I would suggest emailing him with your needs.

Hammock
    DIY Dbl lyr HyperD
    Tarp
    DIY Membrane Hex
    Insulation
    DIY EE 850fp Quilt
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    FYI Most fabrics are sold in bulk ... full bolt or rolls often gets a discount. For scouts it is always worth it to communicate with the company. Many companies are willing to cut a deal for scouts/team/crew.

How did this work out for you and the boys?? Pics or it didn't happen! ;-)
    --
    moniquews

Adults are obsolete children. ~Dr. Seuss

Hammock
    DIY HyperD 11"
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Quote Originally Posted by tightwad View Post
    Thanks for the tips, i hadn't heard of Piocaridin before. We will want to spray the hammocks with Permethrin of course.
    For your permethrin needs, it might be worth your time to check any sort of livestock supply stores in your area for something like this Permethrin concentrate. I have used it to great effect on my own Hennessy Hammock. Just be careful with any leftover liquid. It's lethal to all aquatic life and cats in its liquid form. Once it dries it's ok.

Insulation
    Costco Quilts
    I just wanted to give an update. So far we have 14 scouts who will be going to our High Adventure and 2 more who are transitioning out of Varsity to the Venture Crew...they are still making their hammocks but don't plan to sleep in them on their High Adventure. As they will be in the next campsite over from our group I am betting they try them out anyway!

I have a great appreciation at this point for middle/high school shop teachers etc....keeping these guys on tracks has been an interesting journey. I think about 10 of the 14 will have hammocks with knotty mods, Ridgelines, UCR Suspension and Tree Straps sewn. Some of them may also have sewn their own stuff sack/ridgeline organizers. I have started sewing the Fronkey Bug Nets as I just don't envision them getting done! It has been great watching these guys learn to sew and hearing from their parents how excited they are for the project. We are planning on a test hang on April 30th...taking bets on how many of the boys will be testing their own setups and how many will be learning to hang their buddies hammocks...

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234