Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hammock
    Traveler Mosquito
    Tarp
    Neo Tarp
    TeeDee the definition in the glossary is plain as day to me. Don't know why there's so much discussion about it.

Thanks for putting the link to the glossary in you post.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    Now if you are so ambitious as to carry around 16' to 20' 4"x4" timbers, 16' to 20' bamboo rods of sufficient diameter and strength to hold the occupied hammock or some other nonsensical apparatus to set a certain sag for your hammock, plus the means of affixing that apparatus/timbers/bamboo to support trees, you can certainly do so.
    Now thats just silly! Why would you carry around bamboo when a length of rope does the exact same thing?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ryndel View Post
    Now thats just silly! Why would you carry around bamboo when a length of rope does the exact same thing?
    I wouldn't, but I noticed that someone had proposed those as structural ridgelines elsewhere and somebody else thought they were a genius to do so.

Thanks for clearing that up for me - they were just being silly and not really serious.

I wouldn't, but I noticed that someone had proposed those as structural ridgelines elsewhere and somebody else thought they were a genius to do so.

Thanks for clearing that up for me - they were just being silly and not really serious.
    Oh... no, no. I think you misunderstood.

Those weren't proposed ideas for structural ridgelines, they were examples of structural ridgelines that people thought up long ago.

edit: example D is an exception.

Images
    The purpose of this thread was set by my first post and your continued use of this thread for other purposes is not appreciated.

I would appreciate it if you would either:

1. start your own thread for re-defining the meaning of the term "structural ridgeline" and title the thread clearly for that purpose and post all of the pictures of supposed structural ridglines to that thread, or

2. restrict all such re-definition attempts and pictures to the thread which you have managed to convert to that purpose - the thread on patents.

I would appreciate your doing that, so that in the future, I and others will know that the thread contains your efforts to do so and we can either read, respond or ignore as we so choose. Thank You.
    I have started a separate thread and removed the offending material from your thread. I cannot remove the responses, but those who made them are encouraged to remove them to the new thread if they wish.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dino View Post
    I have started a separate thread and removed the offending material from your thread. I cannot remove the responses, but those who made them are encouraged to remove them to the new thread if they wish.
    Thank you - much appreciated.

Images
    Not a problem, TeeDee.

who died and made TeeDee boss, post what you want FD. Remember by deleting post takes away from the thread. Neo got reminded of that

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks for being polite to each other and working out a solution, TeeDee and FD...but in the future, if anyone wants a topic stripped out of a thread just let me know - I'll move the relevant posts into a new thread so the info isn't lost and doesn't have to be re-written, and it doesn't mess up the flow of the thread.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234