I had a vacation day today free of honeydoos for a change, so I played with some gear.
I made a UL two layer Climashield XP UQ with a momentum shell that weighs in at around 8 ounces less suspension. The UQ ended up at 36 x 45, mainly due to some sewing problems that caused me to resew and cut out the original seams (should have been 40 x 48). Quilt should be good down to just above freezing.
I'm going to cut a heat sheet in half to provide a vapor barrier between the UQ and hammock if I need a bit more temp in a pinch.
While I was playing, I took out the Golite ION I had purchased last year and made a few mods ... I added a 1.4 ounce per square yard silnylon roll top, removed the hip belt, and added a Gossamer Gear pocket to the strap.
I increased the usable volume to around 2200 cu in at a finished weight of 9.4 ounces.
Here are a few hard to see pics ....
My helper today