Tarp
    Custom silnylon
    Insulation
    Down UQ, d.i.y TQ
    Suspension
    LoopAlien
    Quote Originally Posted by LoopAlien View Post
    Hi Adam

I do have a small batch of the larger UFAs that need to be processes. These are leftovers from the UFA Kickstarter project. They are very manual labor intensive so once this last batch is finished that will probably be the end for it. I love them but they are too difficult to produce in a cost effective manner. I will also be finishing a very small batch of 1/4 inch thick grade 5 titanium standard LoopAliens that are 2x the size of a normal. I'd love to see your suggestions when you have a chance.

David
    I sent you a pm fella

Do you have a timescale for the last large UFA's?......i left it too late last time so don't wanna miss the last chance

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Hi Adam

I do have a small batch of the larger UFAs that need to be processes. These are leftovers from the UFA Kickstarter project. They are very manual labor intensive so once this last batch is finished that will probably be the end for it. I love them but they are too difficult to produce in a cost effective manner. I will also be finishing a very small batch of 1/4 inch thick grade 5 titanium standard LoopAliens that are 2x the size of a normal. I'd love to see your suggestions when you have a chance.

David
    I have my heart set on the smaller Ti standard LA's and if possible small Ti UFA's. The modified versions are at the top of my list, but I'll scoop up some of the smaller for sure. Sent you a PM as well. Time frame would awesome so as not to miss them!!

Cheers!
    M

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6 Woodland Camo
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow 30/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Buckles 'n' Straps
    I would have to agree with Gary. Sad but true. I buy original but also agree that if the vendor disappears and doesn't respond to business inquiries, going somewhere else is fair game.

Glad to see David jump in here. I might just order some once they are back on the site, another item on the long list of stuff I didn't know I needed!!!

1:21:28 https://youtu.be/HHjgK6p4nrw?t=4888

Images
    Sounds like it's time the maker outsourced production to Dutchware.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    So glad to see you respond David. I didn't mean to stir the pot here. I tried several times to purchase LAs but the payment process never completed. I was frustrated because I think your idea is awesome and I really wanted to give it a try. I would be interested in a larger UFAs. Should I order one from the site?

I did try to order them again. Please keep me in mind when you open it back up .
    Last edited by Oms; 02-18-2016 at 06:31. Reason: adding

For those interested in the larger UFAs and extra large titanium LoopAliens, I started working on them last night. I expect to have them on the website next weekend. (02/27/16 ish) I'll post on here when they're live.

I understand that I dropped the ball on the unanswered emails.... I got it.

@Oms - Can you tell me what happens when you try to order? I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks again for all the input.

David Burrell
    LoopAlien.com

Hammock
    UK Hammocks Woodsman X Single layer
    Insulation
    UKHammocks Full UQ
    Suspension
    DutchCinch Buckles
    Hey everyone. David here from LoopAlien. A very nice person sent me a link to this thread yesterday and I wanted to address some of the things I've read.

Let me apologize for any and all unanswered emails from the website. That will not happen again.

I thank everyone for your input and look forward to more. Please feel free to contact me with any comments, questions or suggestions.

Very Best Regards,
    David Burrell
    LoopAlien.com
    Hi David,
    Glad we managed to get you in on here.

It's not an easy process growing an idea into the scale your being thrust into. I have to agree with another poster that the patent process isn't necessarily the best nor the only way to combat the Chinese knock offs.

They by their nature have to make it cheaper. And that means something has to be lacking. They seem to have entire groups set up purely to mimic existing products. The UK's backpackinglight pocket stove had a similar issue with copies, but they shrugged it off stating "I suppose imitation is a form of flattery" and pointed out they were often heavier and didn't always fit together well.

Try not to take it to personally as they can only copy, and poorly at that.
    The trick is to focus on what your good at, innovation! They haven't copied the ufa nor have they got ti versions. Hammer onwards, keep ahead of them! Is what your good at. Lord knows us customers want the cool stuff more than cheap, ask anyone addicted to dutchware.

If you do that you will inspire us and we will back you to the hilt by jumping down the throat of anyone who says they are better.

But one of the biggest things is the community. You got us going with a kick-starter. But we are a fickle and demeaning bunch us public. If you don't get back to our emails or if there are shortages we wander off and take the easier of more available Chinese copies. If you can't handle the volume of our correspondence do a statement on here or your website. We will listen. And don't spate us the boring patent details. Communication will keep us on your side.

Personally in the UK we have to pay a lot for international shipping, for two standard ally loop aliens it would cost me £12 using your site's shipping. if we keep our orders below £15 we can skirt under our tax so at least it wouldn't go up. But a UK \eu stockist would really solve the problem. Mat at UK hammocks has stocked and distributed US gear before they may be able help. Hell id be willing to invest and distributed for you if you can guarantee me a good supply. I'm sure the demand is here.

I can buy the Chinese steel single one for £1 shipped. I do want the original, its smaller, lighter. Is it stronger? Who cares if we can't use it for weight bearing, we are stats junkies!? Show us. Do a weight break video or send some official ones to +gadgetuk437 to do some testing. Lord knows the knock offs strain test videos he's done show they can hold a stupid amount. The steel ones are more than strong enough for hammock suspension. I bet the official ones would kick ***!

I don't know if declaring it human weight bearing has a legal implications (Dutch might be able to chime up there with his dutch hooks.)
    I expect they won't try to copy again for a while as they already have some copies and they don't really understand the specifics of your product (because they give it little time and are busy copying something else, not because they are Chinese). From their point of view the copy is fine for now, until your next wonder gets publicity. But even then keep going!

Personally I paused from buying two loop aliens at £12 because I didn't know how versatile they could be. So yes, I bought a couple of steel and a couple of ally ones from China with the intent on buying the cooler ones (ufa or ti) if they worked out.
    Now I've played with them I really want the real thing!
    Now it sounds like even if I did want to right now they aren't available? (I havent ried buying from your site yet)

But keep going! They rock and I will keep buying more as they come out!

as an aside, cudos to Dutch for ranting in your defence. As I said, community is important and when your competitors leap to your defence you know your in a good bunch.
    Last edited by jetblackstar; 02-18-2016 at 19:27.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    @Oms - Can you tell me what happens when you try to order? I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks again for all the input.

David Burrell
    LoopAlien.com[/QUOTE]

I can choose the small ti UFAs, enter personal info, but when it comes to the payment it won't let me enter anything (visa, paypal, etc). That's where it stops.

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    One of the guys at our hang this weekend used a pair of Loop Aliens on one of his continuous tarp ridgelines. Here's a pic.

Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Custom silnylon
    Insulation
    Down UQ, d.i.y TQ
    Suspension
    LoopAlien
    man these things are versatile, can you explain whats going on in there? I cant quite make it out from the pic

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast