But I'm still hammock camping!

With endurance riding season getting under way, I've had to put backpacking on hold for a bit. However, that still puts me at camping once or twice a month!

I failed to take pics at my last spot but this is sort of how it goes:

Pull up at ride camp and watch all the fancy rigs with living quarters and built in tack rooms. Find a small out of the way spot to pull my $4k (including the truck) rig and unload about $10k in two horses. my priorities are great! Set up portable pen with my bestie/ride or die MsC, take the panel out of the trailer that separates it into two stalls, take out rubber flooring, sweep, run in an extension cord, and proceed to hang hammocks.

Fast forward to the evening, 25 to 50 miles in the saddle, and watch the temp drop to 28•. Then wait for people to come knocking on my trailer to invite the two skinny girls they assume are freezing to death in their trailer. The shock on their faces when they open the door is priceless! Heater, coffee pot, cooler, table, and hammocks! Oh and a heater. Lol.

We've made at least one convert. There are a few people who use tents if they don't have big fancy rigs but even those competitors can't ever get over how much more comfortable laying in a hammock is after that many miles in the saddle! We wake up ready to hit the trail again!

You guys on here gave us the know how to set up a warm functional base camp and I greatly appreciate it!