10' Dutch Argon1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Golite20/Phoenix20
    Suspension
    WS,Dutch,Litesmith

RobicXL bridge?

Anyone make a bridge out of the RobicXL by RSBTR yet? I know Papa Smurf at DH is playing with it. I was thinking with a .67 in to help with the feel and for a pad. It would make a more durable net tent when having to go to ground in those treeless sections. You would still want a tyvek sheet under you as this does not have the PU coating as the pack material version has.

My thoughts are for trails like the PCT and CDT where you have long desert stretches but trees later.

I also got stuck in a bushy scrub tree section at the tree line for a few miles because I decided to push on. Finally had enough after walking for an extra hour in the rain, in the clouds with poor visibility, finding nothing safe to hang form, and made a very uncomfortable camp at an almost full shelter with no pad. If this would have happened in a hot buggy area the net tent would have been worth it. I could have really used an over cover setup as a bivy for the cold damp wind.

Hammock
    HyperD 1.6 DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    PolyD 4000 Cat hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies and hooks
    I just made a 10 foot channel end tonight, actually. I haven't gotten to hang it yet, but holy cow is this thing LIGHT. Is crushes down to the size of a softball with some room to go. I'm not particularly svelte, and the thinness of this thing has me slightly concerned, but Kyle assured me that this will hold up. It's not "technically" finished, but it is now functional. I will be adding a gear pouch to the inside and a zip off bug net. The material itself sews quite well and seems to me, to be easy enough to work with. I will be doing a full write up on it when it's all complete, as the wife also is getting one. I may do some in process pics of the wife's setup, as well as the finished product.
    Cheers,
    The Goat

Hammock
    HyperD 1.6 DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    PolyD 4000 Cat hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies and hooks
    I do realize that my response isn't as on point to the structure, but I figured I would give you a bit of insight to the material itself. Very soft and nice feeling. Crazy thin and light. It has a bit of shimmer to it that doesn't bother me, but could be a bit off putting to some.
    Cheers,
    The Goat

• + New Posts