Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yukon kindle

Yukon kindle

Does anyone use the Yukon kindle underquilt? What do you think of it?

I was looking at it yesterday so I am interested in replies as well!

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6 11ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Rainfly
    Insulation
    JRB, AHE, DIY, SP
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    If you do a search, there is another thread with some info on them. Since they just came out I don't think there are many opinions of them yet.

I read that they don't fit a longer hammock well. For being rated $35-45 degrees and costing $80 new ($50 of wood ever has another sale), I personally would look at other options.

Every day is a good day.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    We opted for the Snugpak underblanket instead of the Kindle.

Quote Originally Posted by bobamos View Post
    We opted for the Snugpak underblanket instead of the Kindle.
    Do you like the snugpak? I've heard all bad reviews on it

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6 11ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Rainfly
    Insulation
    JRB, AHE, DIY, SP
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Check out the long thread about the Snugpak Underblanket here https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Under-Blanket?

Not sure where you're seeing Nad reviews, for the most part that whole thread is full of positive reviews. I own one, and for about $50 there's nothing else on the market that even comes close. The Yukon was on sale once for $50 on woot, and it's not clear if it will be again any time soon.

If you have the money, something like an arrowhead equipment Jarbidge will be a much nicer under quilt, however it will be about twice as expensive.

I have the Snugpak Underblanket and the Snugpak hammock quilt (under quilt and top quilt). You can have both for right around $100, and have it to your house in 2 days with Amazon prime. For $100, they are pretty awesome products. Perfect no, but for the price they just can't be beat.

Like I said, custom made cottage products are much better. They are better made, and will be warmer. They will not be cheaper however.

Every day is a good day.

Thank you, I read through that thread and I just ordered uq and top quilt for both my son and I. Vermont army navy had a good price plus 10% off right now

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.hertzog View Post
    Do you like the snugpak? I've heard all bad reviews on it
    Not sure where the bad reviews came from but I love mine. Loved it so much I got one for my wife instead of the Kindle. Now it is a little heavy for a packer but not bad. We only car camp or hike 2 to 3 miles so weight is no issue. It is so well designed that it fits my Hennessy perfectly and also fits my wife's Yukon-Outfitters hammock. Both very different hammocks but it works on both. And at $50 ya cannot beat it. Sure if you have the money for a big buck item go for the big buck underquilt. But this is fine for my needs.

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6 11ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Rainfly
    Insulation
    JRB, AHE, DIY, SP
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.hertzog View Post
    Thank you, I read through that thread and I just ordered uq and top quilt for both my son and I. Vermont army navy had a good price plus 10% off right now
    I don't think you'll be disappointed. They are an excellent way to get you started. Now you can get out and camp as much as you want, and later in upgrade your stuff as you go to higher quality down gear of you ever want.

VT Army navy has good customer service. I had a problem with something I bought there and they made it right ASAP.

Practice hanging the underblanket. Can be a little hard to find what works for you.

Personally, I hang the outside perimeter shock cords over the hammock ridgeline, and attach with a mini carabiner.

Then I remove the center shock cords.

Now attach the center shock cords, to the tie outs located right where the perimeter shock cords exit the quilt. Attach to hammock suspension with a mini biner.

Not easy to explain, but once you have the quilt you can figure out what works for you.

Every day is a good day.

Hammock
    Eno DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Hennessy 10x12 Hex
    Insulation
    Yukon O. Kindle UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I sprung for this and received it in the mail Friday. I hung in Saturday with temps in the mid 50s. I didn't feel the butt chill that I usually do, even in warmer temps. As of now I don't plan on hanging when it's much colder, maybe with lows in the 40s. I did feel a slight breeze blow between myself and the UQ, but I'm sure this is from an improper hang. I couldn't get a good sag on my hammock given my limited anchor points. I feel if I was closer to the 30 degree sag, the UQ would've fit snugger.

It was super easy to hang, looks great and at $80 it's a good buy for someone who doesn't have $200+ to shell out for a higher quality one.

I also have a Yukon Outtitters hammock that my wife found on sale somewhere. I noticed yesterday that the integrated stuff sack has started to come unsewn. It was only the 2nd time I've hung it. I haven't had that happen to either of my Enos, so the potential lack of quality there scares me a little. I hope the UQ stands up a little better than that.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast