Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO DN (so far)
    Tarp
    Blue Utility
    Any ideas on what the underquilt would be rated for, from someone who actually knows anything about these things? As opposed to myself, I mean? :-)

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by wicker95 View Post
    Any ideas on what the underquilt would be rated for, from someone who actually knows anything about these things? As opposed to myself, I mean? :-)
    Here are a couple videos on them...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqfSQdfTKGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLpICvhnMZI

Hammock
    11' Dutch Poly D, Fronkey Net
    Tarp
    Yukon Walkabout
    Insulation
    WL TQ/TeWa UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Thanks for the heads up! I picked up a Walkabout tarp in gray before they sold out.

Has anyone had experience with the Walkabout over an 11' hammock? I have an 11' Dutch Poly D with a structural ridgeline, so I think I'll have decent coverage with this tarp. However, it would be nice to know if anyone here has had problems with a similar setup before I learn the hard way on a rainy night.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mchaz View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I picked up a Walkabout tarp in gray before they sold out.

Has anyone had experience with the Walkabout over an 11' hammock? I have an 11' Dutch Poly D with a structural ridgeline, so I think I'll have decent coverage with this tarp. However, it would be nice to know if anyone here has had problems with a similar setup before I learn the hard way on a rainy night.
    I have one, a gray one, and have a black coming. These things are pretty massive. Beats my stock Hennessy hands down. They are symmetrical (my Hennessy is a 2000 and is also symmetrical) so if you have an asym hammock it may effect coverage but there is so much that even those hammocks will be covered. Does not have tie outs just grommets. I used those small bungees that have a plastic ball on the end and put them through the grommets and attach the tie out cord to that. Has some give so the grommets should be fine. But someone, I think it might be here, sewed tie outs. Good idea. Here is a link to a review of the fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ1Odo9CpjY

Hammock
    Tarp
    Yukon Walkabout
    Insulation
    WL TQ/TeWa UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Thanks for the info, Bob.

I actually already have a CRL with TATO connectors from Dutch, so I think those should lock into the grommets pretty securely. The connectors are attached to a bit of shock cord like your bungees. That should save some wear and tear, as you mentioned. I'll keep an eye on the material nevertheless, and attach some loops with the wife's sewing machine if need be. I can hack together some stitching, but it ain't pretty.

I was dragging my feet on getting a proper tarp. With nice weather, and thunderstorm season, on the way I've been back to searching and saving. This deal came around at a perfect time for me.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Thanks for the info, Bob.

I actually already have a CRL with TATO connectors from Dutch, so I think those should lock into the grommets pretty securely. The connectors are attached to a bit of shock cord like your bungees. That should save some wear and tear, as you mentioned. I'll keep an eye on the material nevertheless, and attach some loops with the wife's sewing machine if need be. I can hack together some stitching, but it ain't pretty.

I was dragging my feet on getting a proper tarp. With nice weather, and thunderstorm season, on the way I've been back to searching and saving. This deal came around at a perfect time for me.
    Shock cord... For some lame reason I could not remember that word. Go figure. Anyway, that is what I have. When I think of bungees I visualize those rubber, thick, cords with huge hooks on the ends... I am hoping to convince the wife to install pullouts on our two. I do not know how to use a thread injector. I can fix them but just not operate them properly. LOL..

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Insulation
    Amok Fjøl XL
    Suspension
    Amok suspension
    Well I certainly didn't actually NEED another hammock - but I just bought the XL!! What a deal

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Ok I'm in for a silver fly. Figured it would reflect some of that summer sun. I like the idea of sewing tie outs.
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6 11ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Rainfly
    Insulation
    JRB, AHE, DIY, SP
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle

Here's my Yukon rainfly over my 11ft Dutchware, also wit a SRL. Seems to have decent coverage, although I have not yet hung it in the rain, this was the first time i set it up.

Also, here's a YouTube video I made setting it up, shows a different angle. http://youtu.be/qjBXZiL-zKw

Every day is a good day.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Yukon Walkabout
    Insulation
    WL TQ/TeWa UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedogomer View Post
    Here's my Yukon rainfly over my 11ft Dutchware, also wit a SRL. Seems to have decent coverage, although I have not yet hung it in the rain, this was the first time i set it up.
    Great pics/vid! Looks like blowing rain could sneak in, but a low pitch and good site selection should minimize that. I was mostly concerned about overlap at the ends, and whether or not it would cover enough of the suspension. I've got whoopies instead of webbing, but it looks about right.
    Last edited by Mchaz; 02-27-2016 at 11:23.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast