SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    dkurfiss is spot on... it only matters what your HH configuration is. If zip only, then any std UQ is going to fit just fine. When I had my classic bottom entry, I used a Mt. Washington convertible UQ. I found pushing the full length quilt out of the way and back into place was annoying, so I used the UQ in short mode with the HH. So, IMO with the classic bottom entry, unless you're using a Nest or equivalent, a short quilt works better, like the Jarbridge, etc. Still good to have the zip mod so you can reach out and adjust the UQ during the night.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    WBBBXLC
    Tarp
    Hilleberg 10 UL
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Curious if you have a link on that? The Potomac has been around longer than most hammock companies have existed. We sell dozens of them every month with no complaints that I have been made aware of. It's one of the only....there are 2 I know of....underquilts made specifically to fit the HH's.
    No complaints here either! Works like a charm for my Safari. If one cannot get warm in a Potomac under a Hennessy one is probably stretching the temp limit to the absurd or not tightening the cords.

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stariondriver View Post
    Hey guys. What underquilt do you like? Do the standard square ones work well?

I am reading some post that the tie out style (such as the potomac) might not work as good for snugging up and warmth. Any feedback?
    I use a square one - the Jarbridge 3/4 UQ. It works/fits best if you don't use the tie outs - using the tie outs creates gaps. My HH is bottom entry. The Jarbridge is easy to get in/out of the hammock. Only down fall is if you are using an UQP to block the wind it is a PIA to get in/out of the hammock - thus using an UQ in a bottom entry HH is not so good in cold windy weather.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    HH, ENO, Dutch poly
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    Incubator 20, JRB
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch
    Hennessy Asym Zip with Hammock Gear HG20 Incubator - works fine if you don't use the HH tie outs. The tie outs will cause gaps and keep it from forming to you.

Hammock
    HH Explorer zip / LSoH WE
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HHSS/JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Mule tape/Webbing
    The JRB mount washington 4 works great with the tie outs, the Explorer goes through the outer part of the ladder loop and an expedition would use the inner part of the ladder loop

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Insulation
    Amok Fjøl XL
    Suspension
    Amok suspension
    I've got a JacksrBetter mount Washington 3 I think. Love it! Works like a charm

Banned
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    I use a square one - the Jarbridge 3/4 UQ. It works/fits best if you don't use the tie outs - using the tie outs creates gaps. My HH is bottom entry. The Jarbridge is easy to get in/out of the hammock. Only down fall is if you are using an UQP to block the wind it is a PIA to get in/out of the hammock - thus using an UQ in a bottom entry HH is not so good in cold windy weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hen569 View Post
    Hennessy Asym Zip with Hammock Gear HG20 Incubator - works fine if you don't use the HH tie outs. The tie outs will cause gaps and keep it from forming to you.
    That Is kind of what I was thinking. Assuming it is not a really big deal but though. Just a minor fit improvement?

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Yes - just means you won't get the entire temp range of the UQ and without an UQP plus the small gaps, the wind/breeze will rob your heat more easily. So bottomline it works but is less efficient.

As something to think about - HH has the super shelter (custom bottom insulation for HHs) on sale for $99/free shipping.

Edit: Using an UQP to block the wind is only a PIA if you have the bottom entry - not an issue for the zip model/mod.
    Last edited by oldpappy; 03-04-2016 at 10:31.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Open sky
    Insulation
    Reflectex
    Suspension
    Whoppie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    I have a HH Deep Jungle Asym Zip XL and a HG Incubator 20. Haven't had the chance to mate the two up yet as the HH is at 2QZQ getting the zipper mod and the UQ arrived right when I sent it out. I'll let you know shortly!
    Hey I'm looking to get an UQ. I also have a HH Deep Jungle Asym XL and was wondering if you've had a chance to hook up your Incubator 20 yet? Im interested in the Incubaot 0 but am also looking at the Patomic 4S.

Hammock
    HH Expl UL, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Beetles n straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonedune View Post
    Hey I'm looking to get an UQ. I also have a HH Deep Jungle Asym XL and was wondering if you've had a chance to hook up your Incubator 20 yet? Im interested in the Incubaot 0 but am also looking at the Patomic 4S.
    I have the HH explorer ul zip and an HG incubator 20. I can happily say they work great together and you shouldn't have any problems.
    Nec Aspera Terrent
    Lightfighter

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast