Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoNut View Post
    I'm a webbing and cinch buckle user, and have NEVER had an issue with the suspension. It works flawlessly! I do not see a need for your device, because you shouldn't have to loosen the buckles to take down your hammock. You are doing something wrong if you had to cut your webbing straps to take down your hammock. This just sounds like another answer to a problem that doesn't exist!
    You may have never had a problem and I also haven't had any problems but I have read that lots of people have problems with the stock triangle buckles. Cinch buckles and Dutch's cinch bugs are an improvement but I think there is always room for someone to put forth an new concept.

To the OP I say good luck with your idea. BTW, HYOH stands for Hang your own hang.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    i like this idea!!! as a noob i've had this problem a couple times with my gathered end. I like the Amok solution as well. they attach a loop of webbing to the bottom ring. just pull the loop towrd the hammock to loosen. now that i have a bit more experience hangin my hammock i seldom have an issue, but every once in a while i'll cinch one side or the other too tight while adjusting it. this seems a good solution. i voted and signed up. what's the weight limit on these? what are they going to be made of? the part where the webbing attaches seems kinda thin.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    So far, Warbonnet Blackbird
    Suspension
    Webbing/Glide cinc
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    You may have never had a problem and I also haven't had any problems but I have read that lots of people have problems with the stock triangle buckles. Cinch buckles and Dutch's cinch bugs are an improvement but I think there is always room for someone to put forth an new concept.

To the OP I say good luck with your idea. BTW, HYOH stands for Hang your own hang.
    Thanks, Bubba.

I agree, there is always room for innovation. Maybe it won't replace the cinch buckles, but maybe it will. Those who haven't actually seen how it works won't know if there is an advantage to be gained from it. That's okay. Not everyone wants a Porsche.

Hammock
    So far, Warbonnet Blackbird
    Suspension
    Webbing/Glide cinc
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    i like this idea!!! as a noob i've had this problem a couple times with my gathered end. I like the Amok solution as well. they attach a loop of webbing to the bottom ring. just pull the loop towrd the hammock to loosen. now that i have a bit more experience hangin my hammock i seldom have an issue, but every once in a while i'll cinch one side or the other too tight while adjusting it. this seems a good solution. i voted and signed up. what's the weight limit on these? what are they going to be made of? the part where the webbing attaches seems kinda thin.
    Thank you.

These are still in the prototyping stage. The goal is 500 lbs limit, well within a standard hammocking range. Right now I'm looking at stainless steel. The one you see in the video is a mild steel.

I've tested these myself, bent one, changed something and hung quite successfully with the next one. I'm nearing the end though and am lining up manufacturing.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakanuni View Post
    The ridgeline keeps the hammock at the right angle, I pull the webbing tight to prevent me from having to reach up higher on the trees, especially when they are farther apart. And doing that with the triangles creates a lot of tension that is very difficult to release.
    While the ridgeline may keep it at the right angle, you'll be putting tremendous stress on not just the trees, but on everything else (including the ridgeline). If I use the hammock hang calculator with the default values, and add my weight (165 lbs.) , then I have 142.89 lbs. of shear force and 165 lbs. of cord tension. If I change that hang angle to 15* (you like it tight), then the shear force more than doubles (307.89 lbs.) as does the cord tension (318.76 lbs.). If you drop the hang angle down to an ENO level of 5*, then the shear force increases to 942.98 lbs., and the cord tension to 946.58 lbs.

That's not good. There's nothing wrong with your product, but there is an issue with the problem it's trying to solve, which shouldn't even be an issue if the hammock is hung correctly.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I like the one-handed operation. Some folks do struggle with buckles.
    These could really be nice for Winter camping. Usually I go cinch buckle in Winter and anything to make it faster and easier is right good.
    Way to bring something new for us to peruse.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Found this for you Pakanuni. Hope it helps.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...mmock-Acronyms
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    Diy HyperD grey ghost
    Tarp
    Wb Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Diy
    Suspension
    whoopies straps ms
    Images
    Interesting product. Not a problem I've ever had, but I've only used cinch buckles and whoopie slings. Good luck.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    These are really cool looking and I love the engineering and concept. You might want to beef them up to handle loads up to 1000 pounds especially if you are going to hang so tight. You will be surprised at how much force is put on a suspension and 500 is definitely not enough.

But Dude...they look really cool. Kudos

Now I have to go make something cooler...
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    6x12 1.6oz Hyper D
    Tarp
    DIY Membrane 9x9
    Suspension
    Straps + Evenk
    Images
    Not something that I'm personally interested in (I don't use webbing suspension).

One thing I will mention, is that most other hardware makers won't call something "suspension worthy", unless it will support at least 1000lb. So I imagine you'll want to test them well, and be very clear what the rating is, as if its unlisted, many might suppose it is rated > 1000lb.

Just a thought.

Good luck though. While I personally don't have a use for this, more options are almost always better .

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast